Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I do believe that this was my greatest Mother's Day to date. It was the first year that the boys were totally in to it and were so excited to have made me gifts at school. All week, when they would get home they would take their backpacks to their rooms and "hide" the gifts so that I wouldn't see them. They have been talking all week about how I'm going to LOVE this and LOVE that...so I was pretty excited to see just what they had crafted for me.

I was supposed to work on Sunday, so they had the idea to put my gifts on my bedside table on Saturday night, so I could get up and open my gifts before I left for work. It was SO sweet. They had decorated the bags and Evan even dug up a red Christmas box to put one of his gifts in (complete with a yellow sticky note tag). I ended up not having to work, so when they woke up Sunday morning they got to watch me open my gifts.

Blake made me a "paper weight" made from clay, shaped like a heart, and painted by him. His bag also had a poem, a "pop up" card, and a package of flower seeds (yellow, my favorite, and of course, climate appropriate according to Blake). Then from Evan I got a clay "pot" ???(not really sure at all what it is), and a rock decorated like a lady bug to put in our flower bed. It really was one of the sweetest mornings. They were so proud of what they had made and explained every little detail of the process to me. Here is a picture of my haul:

I also got a GREAT gift from Travis. He got me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. It's a purse with a pink stone on the front. It's one that I have looked at before and really liked. I was totally surprised and excited!! And, Travis did ALL our laundry on Sunday afternoon while I took a nap. That might have been the greatest gift of all!!!

I've never really thought about it before, but I'm just SO thankful that I get to celebrate Mother's Day. It's something I have totally taken for granted, but am realizing how incredibly blessed I am to have my two beautiful children (and soon to be THREE).

I'm also so blessed to have such an awesome mom. Something else that I often take for granted. I'm so happy that my parents live so close, and that we get to spend so much time with them. Sorry mom that your gift didn't make it in time, but you know you're gonna like it!!!

We also got to see my MaMaw and Granny this weekend. Again, how awesome that both of our grandmothers live so close. They are both so loved. I got a card from Becky (my MIL) that made me cry. Seriously, I have so much to be thankful for!!!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's day! Have a great week!!

3 comments:

Philip said...

I thought Travis might have done the daisy.

Julie said...

so sweet! Jenna Beth made me a pot or something too...still not sure what it is. My instructions are to not drink out of it or it will poop on my head.

Just a word of caution for you...

Everyday Life of Amanda-Adair Harrison said...

Erin you are such a GREAT MOM and a GREAT Person!! I wish everyone could be like you!! I know I am alittle late on commenting. But I did want to tell you that!!And yes Mothers Day has always been very depressing for me because of the baby issues however I get great pleasure on seeing others in my family get to spend it with there children!! God has Blessed you in soo many ways!! 3 times!! lol I love you!!