Monday, June 1, 2009

An Accidental Break...

I think I accidentally took a blogging break. I just realized that it has been 3 weeks since I last blogged. It's just one of those things, once you get behind it's just so hard to catch up. So, I'm not going to even try.

We have been super busy and I have taken tons of pictures, but right now my camera is in my purse, dead, and I just can't stress about that right now. We did take an awesome trip to Branson with Travis's family, and I WILL post some of those pictures eventually. But, I'm just not going to stress about the last 6 ballgames, fun days, last days of school, or my birthday. Maybe they will appear at some point...

I will tell you what has me really hacked right now...the stinkin' Vache Grasse pool. We called this morning and they told us the pool failed the health department inspection!! Now, if they can make the necessary repairs, it might be open by this weekend. That is, IF it can pass the next inspection. Seriously, why didn't they start this process a month ago. We want to swim!!! So, instead Blake, Evan, Peyton, and Jake are in my driveway right now playing in the sprinkler. That will work for a day, but it's not gonna cut it all summer! Open that pool!!! Please!!!

I did finish a a little sewing project this morning. I'll try to post of pictures of it soon also. I've never EVER used a sewing machine in my life (aside from a couple of days in home ec in the 8th grade), so I'm pretty proud of myself. I borrowed Sharon's sewing machine to attempt to make some pillow shams for my bed. It did require my dad coming over to teach me how to spin the bobbin, thread the machine, and get the thread to come up from the bottom??? (whatever that is called), but thankfully, Poppy is a whiz at sewing machines!! Who would have know it, but I really think my dad can fix anything!! So, after many more hours that I would care to admit, i finally have 3 euro shams on my bed made by my own two hands. They aren't anything great AT ALL, but I'm proud of myself none the less!

I hope everyone is enjoying the first real week of summer. I've only heard "I'm bored" about 15,000 times, so I guess we're doing pretty good :)

3 comments:

Philip said...

Blogging breaks are not unheard of. I have had them myself. Glad to have you back blogging where you belong.

Julie said...

Can't wait to see your project! Way to go girl!! I love to sew, I wish I had more time to learn more, but I like doing little stuff like pillows and such. I think learning how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine is half the battle. :)

Hope you are feeling well!

Cynthia said...

That is why we quit going to Vache Grasse pool. We heard that same excuse year after year but still paid the same price. I just couldn't justify it anymore.

Hope your boys are swimming soon.