Well, the verdict is in, and yes we are having yet another Bartlett Boy! We actually found out about a week and a half ago and I know most of you have already heard. But, I thought I should make it official for all 3 of my "out of town" blog readers :).
It's actually not official yet, just one of the perks of working in labor and delivery. I looked last weekend when I was working. The very first look was this perfect shot of two little legs in the air with boys parts in the middle! If you've ever seen a boy ultrasound, you know that when you see it, YOU SEE IT! It was just too obvious to mistake for anything else.
I write this part to be honest, but please know that the ONLY thing that really matters is that we have a healthy, happy baby. But, yes, for just a little while, I was disappointed. I've just always dreamed of having a daughter. I felt totally at peace with being a "boy mom" after we had Evan, because I really thought at that point that we were done. But then when we decided to have another baby, that dream of maybe having a girl kinda crept back in my head. So, it has taken me a little while to get totally back in "boy mode". I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God chose us to be the parents of little boys. And, I know that everything he does is perfect. So, time to get shopping for blue stuff yet again...")
As for Blake and Evan, they are finally both excited about the idea of a baby and that it is a boy. It's been an interesting road to this point, but I think we're finally here. I know I blogged about Blake being less than thrilled with the news of my pregnancy, but he came around fairly quickly. For Evan, the news of a little brother was very hard to swallow. Evan had his heart set on a sister, so the news was tough for him (which made it even harder for me). But, we are finally talking about boy names, boy stuff, and being a big brother and he has come around!
The name thing is yet another issue. We are just out of boy names. When we had Blake I thought he might be my only chance to use my boy names, so he got 3: Blake Allen Ray. Allen is my grandfather and my brother's middle name and Ray is Travis's middle name. Then when Evan came along I know I couldn't not give him 3 names also: Evan Lee Louis. Lee is my middle name and Louis is my great uncle's (always thought of him as my grandfather) name. So, now here we are with another boy and we need 3 names!! The two front runners from Blake and Evan are #1 Frank Furter Bartlett and #2 Squidward Tentacles Bartlett. Hmm, which way should we go???
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
My vote is Frank Furter! :)
Congrats! When we found out our Evan was a boy......Noah threw himself down in the u/s waiting room and likely threw the only real "fit" of his life. To say he wanted a sister was an understatement! ha!
Congrats Erin! God knew you were the perfect woman for the task of raising 3 boys! And just think, someday you will get 3 daughter-in-laws who I am sure will be almost as wonderful as your boys!
Congratulations on another baby boy!
I also have 2 boys and I think I will feel the same way as you if we have another little boy someday...overjoyed that God has chosen us to be parents of all boys, but with a twinge of sadness for not getting the girl I always thought I'd have.
That said, you gotta go with Frank Furter. :)
It's gotta' be Frank Furter all the way!!
Frank Furter for sure! Hey-If Scott and Wendy ever have a boy, Frank can be friends with Bradyn Peters. ha! am so proud of you for having such a great outlook for this baby. I always say that, no matter what you're having, when you find out what it is you naturally grieve what it isn't. You spend weeks thinking it could be either one then all of a sudden are faced with only one. But, you are right, God meant you to be a mother of boys. The world needs women who can raise men, and that is a special talent. I miss you and love you and congratulations!
Congratulations Erin! And I have mean to tell you a big, big thank you for the heart monitor recommendation--we love listening to our little boy's heartbeat anytime we want! Landen Sawyer will enjoy a Bartlett buddy!!
It's gotta be Frank. I'm already calling him by his name!
That is so exciting. Girls are super emotional, fun but very emotional at times. ALthough Lauren thinks she is a boy half the time that is all she knows around here.
Post a Comment