Thursday, March 12, 2009

Real Life Funny Stuff

I found a couple of pictures that were just too funny not to blog about...

A couple of weeks ago I got this bright idea that it was time to talk to Blake and Evan about the birds and the bees. Long story short, I get the book that my mom read me when I was little out of the archives of my mom's house, (copyright 1971, no lie) and sat down to read it to the boys. It starts out with pictures of a flower being pollinated, then a chicken laying an egg, then a puppy having a litter of puppies, then a mommy having a baby. It's pretty basic, but with all the correct terminology.

Blake is sitting in the floor the whole time, refusing to look at the pictures, and rolling around groaning with a pillow over his head. But, of course, Evan is ALL EARS, loving every minute of it. He asked way more questions than I really wanted to answer, while Blake seriously looks like he's having a seizure in the floor.

So, after quite a long talk with Travis, and still not alot of response from Blake I thought I would just offer to give him the book to read at his leisure. I approached it like it was a "science" book, and told him that since i knew he LOVED science, I thought he would want to read this book on his own time. I left it on his bedside table and left.

A few hours later this is what I found laying on my pillow...


So much for the science lessson...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This was from just the other night. My parents had come over to eat supper with us, and after supper everyone sat down in the hearth room to hang out. I looked up from the sink and this is what I saw...

Blake playing with my mom's i-phone, Poppy on his i-phone, Evan playing his DS, mom reading her Kindle, and Travis playing with his phone. Seriously, that is pretty much a normal view of my family at any given time. Sad, huh??

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is to cute.. Jaden has already asked some pretty funny questions.. Rob said I can handle it.. Okay..

Sharon said...

The "family" picture is great!

Sherry Drennan said...

Love them both! It's so cute how your boys are "in" to leaving notes!

Mischelle Coston said...

Hys.ter.ical!
Good luck w/ Mr. Science.

Philip said...

I still don't want to read that book!