Monday, March 2, 2009

I HEART Walgreens!!

I know it's crazy, but there are days when I truly LOVE Walgreens. There is just no other store that can supply all my needs for practically nothing. And, it's fun. Here's my haul from today...

My totals after coupons equaled $30.47. I used my Walgreens rebate gift card from last month which was $21.45. (That's the ticket to making these deals work ~ keep using your rebate gift card for more rebate stuff). So, my total cash out of pocket was $9.02.

But the beautiful part is that I also have $12.00 in register rewards to use on my next trip, $14.26 that I will get back on my rebate gift card (for buying the FREE after rebate items: Axe hair gel, Walgreens "Excedrin", and Wal-Zyr aka Zyrtec), and .99 on my Prescription Savers Card (10% back on Walgreens brand items).

So, for the day I am ahead $18.23. (My total in Register Rewards, rebates, and savers card minus my $9.02 out of pocket).

Pretty good for about 30 minutes of shopping! And now I am totally stocked back up with lotion, toothpaste, Fiber One bars (Travis's FAVORITE breakfast), paper plates, and lots of other stuff.

You can't beat a hobby that earns you money and gets you FREE stuff!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Even though I know what you do, I am sitting here shaking my head with my mouth wide open. I just wish I could get into that. Those are things I would use, it is those "free but I won't use it" things that I just can't get into...

Way to go shopper!! That is awesome!

Katie said...

Those fiber bars are good but do they make Travis F_ _ _ ? I hope I'm making you laugh but those things are a running joke in our house from our experience. They are good to good around here. he he!!

Katie said...

Okay that looked really bad now that I looked the blanks-Fart!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it when you show the loot from a Walgreens shopping day! You are awesome!

And, I'm agreeing with Katie. When I read that those were Travis' favorite breakfast, I laughed. We call them 'toot bars' around here!