The picture below is a good example of how to "roll" your Register Rewards to get great deals on things you really need. (so maybe I don't really NEED diapers at this point in my life, but I do have many pregnant friends, and diapers are my favorite baby shower present, and now I'm ready). So, I bought 2 packs of Huggies ($10 each) and 1 huge pack of wipes ($6), 1 can of Skintimate shave gel ($1.99) and 1 tube of Crest ($2.49). My total was: $30.48. I used (2) $5 Huggies coupons printed from the internet, (1) .50 wipes coupon from a Sunday insert, and (1) $1 Crest coupon. That got my total to: $18.98. Then I used a $10 Register Reward left over from a deal from last week which made my out of pocket total $8.98. Then the register printed out a $10 Register Reward for buying $25 of Huggies, a $1 Register Reward for buying the Skintimate, and a $1 Register Reward for buying the Crest.
So, to recap this deal, I spent $8.98 and got back $12 in Register Rewards! You guys out there who have babies in diapers could really rack up on this deal!!!
This next picture shows a bunch of stuff I got that was on sale and I had coupons to match. One good example is the Garnier products. They were on sale for $2.99. In the Walgreens Easy Saver catalog (available at the front door) was a $2 coupon for Garnier. I also had $1 coupons from the newspaper, which made all of the Garnier products free. The Glade air fresheners were all on sale for $7.99. In the Easy Saver catalog there were coupons for $4 which brought them down to $3.99. I also had a B1G1 FREE coupon and 2 $4 coupons. So, they paid me a total of $4 to take the Glade stuff. Here is the picture of my stuff:
Here is the picture of my receipt. My subtotal is $.09. Yes 9 cents. And, I realized after I got in the car that I forgot to give the cashier the gum coupon (which was worth $2). I guess it was a good thing I forgot, because then they would have owed me $1.93 and I really try to avoid that. For some reason, store managers don't like the idea of giving away a big sack of stuff and paying the customer. I'm big on flying under the radar. Don't want to draw any extra attention to myself. So, this one worked out about as good as possible!

4 comments:
Sounds like you know how to work the system. "Thrifty" may be your new nickname!
Awesome, Erin! I really need to get in on this especially w/ Walgreens coming to town! May be calling you!
Andria mentioned that you did this over and over today as she clipped coupons from the Sunday paper. I agree with Philip...Thrifty my be your new nickname.
I'm excited for our meeting! Can't wait to learn your secrets. :)
Post a Comment