Beau is still pretty obsessed with the cowboy thing. He found this hat in Evan's closet and fell in love!
We have had a few quiet nights around here. Seems like they are few and far between. I love to see my boys just hanging out. I especially love to see Evan reading, just because he wants to!!
We started having a family devotional at night with the boys in January. It has been SO good. They ask pretty much every night when we can "read". We usually wait until after Beau is in bed, because he seems to make a point of being as disruptive as possible while we are trying to do it. I love that we are reading Gods word together every night and then discussing it. We have had some good discussions with the boys that probably would not have come up otherwise. I don't want to miss any opportunities to talk about our faith and relationship with Jesus with them. I'm so proud of them for being willing to talk about what they believe in and I pray they always will!!
Another cowboy hat moment....
And, a little body art to liven up a boring morning at home!
Blake had a "pre-choral assessment" choir concert last week. They did great and I love that Blake is really enjoying choir. They went to Russelleville for their Choral Assessment on Friday and got straight 1's. That's pretty awesome for a middle school choir!
Blake and I after his concert!
My handsome man/boy:)
Last Tuesday I went with Julie and Sherry to shop early at the Growing Kids Sale. I've never worked before and never shopped the first day. It was fun and I got some great stuff!!
A few of the things I found at the sale for Evan....
On my way to work my first GKS shift ever:) Notice my shirt! I have been doing GKS for 10 years and have NEVER spent enough to the get free shirt until this year;)
Beau and I were playing in his room one morning and he got some "babies" out of his closet. They are Kyle and I's Cabbage Patch dolls from when we were kids. He changed their diapers and rocked them and put them down for a nap. So sweet!!
Tuesday night Beau woke up not feeling well. He said his tummy hurt. I braced myself for the throwing up I knew was coming. It never did. Thank goodness. But we spent yesterday and today laying on the couch feeling really puny. Poor baby:(
We missed MOPS yesterday, but Amy made the craft for me and dropped it by afterwards. It was resurrection eggs. Beau is absolutely loving them!! We have gone through the Easter story with the eggs about 25 times now. He can totally tell me the story himself. This is a GREAT way to teach little ones about the Easter story in a way they can understand. His favorite part...."He is Alive"!!!!
I finally got some pictures framed this week that Shannon took in November!! I'm so happy to get this spot filled!! Happy day!!
As I am sitting here blogging my phone just "cha-chinged" that I sold something on eBay. This is a really great example of why I LOVE eBay!!
I bought this toy at the GKS for $5.00. SWEET!!!
Now I've got to get back to my sweet puny Beau Beau. He wants me to lay on the couch with him...and I can't say no!
No comments:
Post a Comment