Friday, March 1, 2013

Lately....

 A little February summary....

Beau LOVES Play-Doh and he loves to use scissors.  So, cutting Play-Doh with "scissors" is perfect!!
 Beau loves "berries"!
 We finally had a nice warm afternoon and all the boys were out playing!  I LOVE my neighborhood!  Evan Beau rode his bike down to the Drennan's to get in on the action.
 We had 2 basketball games in one night, with an hour in between games.  That made for a lot of time to pass for this little guy.  Luckily, his friend, Jackson Mitchell, bought him his own slushy!!  Happy boy!!
 Beau asked for a white cookie the other day, so I gave him one.  I was busy hanging up laundry and when I came back through I saw this.  He said he needed more cookies because he doesn't like the "curbs".  He only likes the icing in the middle.  Really???

 We got a crazy snow one day!  It starting snowing HUGE flakes and the ground was covered very quickly.  It turned really cold and the snow stuck around for a while.  The boys even got out of school for a day.
 The snow happened to be on the week of our HUGE Pre-Growing Kids Garage Sale.  It was terrible timing!!  But, we forged ahead and had the sale anyway.  In the snow.  Ugh!!!

Blake found this big chunk of ice on top of the fire hydrant.  Pretty cool!

The garage!  We had 11 families participating and it was huge!  Unfortunately, it was also FREEZING cold!!  We nearly froze to death and didn't have nearly as much business as usual.
 The view of the driveway....snow and all.
 Sherry and I bought these awesome 10 foot long racks.  Made us look pretty professional!

 The best buy of the sale??  These boots for Beau!!  He loves them!  Who knew that you can't stay on your horse with your "fast shoes" (aka tennis shoes), you need boots!  Especially when you have  a horse named "Blinkamana".  Yes, that name rolled off his tongue like we really have a horse named that in our backyard.
 On Saturday of the sale, Blake went to the Junior High State Quiz Bowl Tournament!!  I couldn't go because of the sale, but thankfully, Poppy was able to drive the bus.  It was in Conway.  Evan wanted to go too, so they both rode the bus to Conway with Poppy.  The team did great!  The came in 2nd place!!! I'm so proud of Blake for being asked to play on the Junior High Team!!!  

This picture speaks my love language!!!  Nothing makes me happier that some acts of service!!  Evan is a hard working kid.  He's going to make some girl really happy one day:)
 HALLELUIAH!!  I have tried to buy Sudafed fairly recently at the pharmacy and was told they didn't sell it anymore.  But, I went to Walgreens the other day and low and behold....Sudafed!!! Yay!  It's the only thing that really dries up yucky congestion for me so I hated not being able to get it.  Now, I did have to practically sign over my first child to the pharmacy tech  to get it, but, whatever:)  I can breathe!!!!!
 Beau has been being a little stinker lately.  A good example, he colored the door frame and door with crayons!  Really???  He's not 2, he's almost 3 and a 1/2.  I was SO mad!!!  So, I made him clean up very bit of it with a Magic Eraser.  He hated it and cried the whole time.  Hopefully that will be the end of that!!

These 2 sweet friends are nothing but trouble!!  I love that Beau has such a great friend and that his mommy happens to be my great friend!  Works out great for everyone!
 Busy February....now moving right along to March!

No comments: