In the mornings, when I am working on my Bible Study, a lot of the time Beau will want to help. This day he wanted to "write". So, I got him a notebook and he started drawing. He drew Jesus on the cross and then he wanted to write Jesus. I think he did great!
One afternoon, I had stopped at the donut shop, and a couple of people that live at the retirement home across the street asked me for a ride. They needed to go to the gas station across town to cash their checks. I really wanted to help them and I truly felt that they weren't dangerous, so I told them to hop in. We had a good chat as we drove across town. Beau might have been a little scared. Unfortunately, being sheltered in a little town, he hasn't had a lot of up close and personal meetings with "brown" people. But, he managed to smile and keep his mouth closed!! Thank you Jesus. I was glad to meet my new friends and glad to help them out!!
Loving my new and updated fall wreath. Unfortunately, it will only get to stay for a couple of weeks, because Christmas is coming out soon!!
Evan had to design an Indian from a clothespin and make a "home" for it that was correct for the Indian "group" he chose. I can't even remember what group he chose, but it turned out great!!
The final product!!
Just being silly one afternoon:)
We decided to go all out with Operation Christmas Child this year. We picked up 3 boxes and talked about what an impact those 3 little boxes could make in the lives of 3 children. My big boys took their own money and we shopped for our boxes. I was very proud of their choices. They both wrote a letter to put in their boxes and we paid for our shipping online so we can track them. I loved Blake's letter:)
Our church has a 5K in honor of Donna Ellenwood in November and the entry fee is an Operation Christmas Child box. We all went and walked/ran. They collected A LOT of boxes that day!!
My boys ready to go!!
Sherry and I walked and I pushed Beau in the stroller. It was a beautiful day!!
Evan did awesome and won a medal for 2nd place in his age group and 13th overall. Good job!! Blake ran also, and did very well too!!
Me and my sweetie after!!
My family! I loved this whole experience. We are looking forward to finding out where our boxes end up! Praying that the lives of the children who received them are changed forever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment