Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Beau's Tonsillectomy

 We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 Monday morning.  Beau was getting a little nervous, but still had really no clue what he was in for:)
 Nana, Nonnie, and Poppy met us there.  Beau is one blessed boy to have 3 grandparents waiting on him in the waiting room at 7:00am!!
 Travis and I took him back to get admitted.  He was super nervous at that point.  They gave him some liquid Versed and he got very tearful.  From that point on he was crying and whimpering pretty much the whole time.
 He only wanted Travis to hold him.  I tried not to let my feelings be hurt:)
 Here he was right before they took him back....trying so hard to be brave.  We were so glad they let him take Tigey with him!
 When we got back to see him in recovery he was pitiful.  He was crying and screaming and trying to stick his fingers down his throat.  We got him to take a few drinks of water.  The nurse asked if we wanted him to have some more Morphine and I said YES!!  That helped so much.  He pretty much fell asleep and stayed that way until we got home!
 An hour after they brought him into recovery we were on our way home. 
 I carried him in and he went straight back to sleep.  Travis and I climbed up in the bed with him and we all slept for about 2 hours. 
 He woke up fairly happy.  His throat was hurting bad but he was so excited to eat a blue popsicle.
 He did so good the rest of they day.  He laid on the couch and watched a lot of TV.  Mrs. Amy came by after school and brought him a get well present from Hayden.  Then Shelli and Savannah came by and brought him a pirate present.
 He insisted that Nonnie put one of the tattoos on right then:)
 When Travis got home he wanted to play games.  He did SO good!!
 His little face was covered in blue popsicle.  He had 2 or 3 over the afternoon and evening.
 That night he slept with me.  He only woke up once and that was because he had to pee really bad.  I went ahead and gave him some Demerol while he was awake.
I was SO very happy how well his first 24 hours went!!  He is such a trooper!!

No comments: