We got this letter in the mail this week. Makes me SO proud. Blake was invited to take Pre-AP Geometry, Pre-AP English, & Accelerated Physical Science. The only reason he's not taking Accelerated Algebra is because he already took it this year!!
We were mowing at Granny's house and one of the boys hit a big root and bent the lawnmower blade. It started making a terrible noise and then we turned it over and got oil everywhere, so then it started smoking too. We finally had to break down and call Travis for help. He and the boys went to Yeagers and got a new blade, put it on, cleaned it up, and we were back in business. I love this picture! How many Bartlett boys does it take to fix the lawnmower?? The good news is that Blake, Evan, and I could all do it by ourselves the next time!!
Evan had a baseball tournament scheduled for Van Buren over the weekend, but it rained like crazy and they cancelled it. Then they moved it to Greenwood. It was SO stinkin' cold! We played super late Saturday night. Went to Geno's for some dinner and to warm up between games.
Back at it in the freezing cold! We left the field about 11:30.
We got up the next day and the Bulldogs played amazing!
Won the tournament!! Woo Hoo!!
Monday was the GJHS Awards Assembly at the PAC. We were all there ready to watch Blake get his awards!
So proud of Blake....he got on the Faculty Roll, and an Award for being on the Award Winning Quiz Bowl team! Nonnie was there to cheer for him, too!!
The latest development around here is that Blake has become very good friends with Anna. They are texting all the time. You know it might be getting serious when she posts him as her mcm (man crush Monday) on Instagram. :)
Evan has a girlfriend too!? Her name is Ally Sockey. She is in my Life Group and is a super sweet girl. They both wanted a picture together but would NEVER actually pose for it. So, I "made" them stand together and snapped this! Cute:)
And, very importantly.....Beau and I went to vote! We were electing a new mayor for Greenwood and I had to do my civic duty!!
And, very importantly.....Beau and I went to vote! We were electing a new mayor for Greenwood and I had to do my civic duty!!
Good week around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment