Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Recovery Week!

 We have spent a WHOLE lot of time doing this lately....
 Hayden came by to visit and Beau was very glad to see him!
 He has done really well drinking, but hasn't wanted to eat much at all.  He hasn't even wanted ice cream.  Crazy!!  He called Nonnie the 2nd morning and told her he wanted a chocolate donut and a Powerade slush from Sonic.  We knew he wouldn't be able to eat it and he couldn't.  She also brought him some powdered donuts and he did manage to eat a few nibbles of a powered donut.  The 1st 4 nights were great!  He slept all night!

 We have done a WHOLE lot of snuggling on the couch.  He will ask me to "snuggle him up".  That means get the blanket spread out on top of him and tucked in on the sides:)
 We have both become professional Go Fish and Old Maid players this week!
 He thought he wanted a "rotella" sandwich and some soup.  He took about 2 bites of both and was finished.
 While he was resting, I was busy making Teacher Appreciation gifts for Evan's teachers.  Thanks to my crafty friend Sherry, I think they turned out super cute!
 On Thursday he got a package in the mail from Whitney.  He was SO excited.  We desperately needed a change of pace, and this was a perfect diversion!  Everybody loves a paddle ball!
 Blake's last band concert was Thursday night.  No one wanted to miss it, and Beau was doing so good, so I took him with me.  He sat in Travis's lap most of the time and did so good.
 This guy did AMAZING!!  He was in a trio and a quartet and totally rocked it!  His boys chorus sang "Hey There Delilah" and "Walk Like a Man".  All the choirs together sang "Radioactive" at the very end.
 Beau Beau loves his Blaker!!
As usual, Blake had quite the fan club!!
 After the concert, Nana and Nonnie came over and Travis gave us all our Mother's Day gift...chocolate covered strawberries from Kopper Kettle!!  The best ever!!!!!
 The next few nights didn't go so good.  Beau woke up in the middle of the night 3 nights in a row screaming and crying that his throat was hurting.  I had been giving him Demerol before he went to bed every night, so I'm not sure why it started happening later.  Poor Travis hasn't slept a whole night in our bed in over a week. 
 I got my car dressed up a little bit this week...now I can tell which one is mine in the parking lot!
 On Mother's Day morning Travis and the big boys got up and went to church.  Beau and I waited and just went to Life Group.  He went to class with Travis.  He wasn't up to going to his class yet.  He sure did look cute!!
 After lunch I needed to get out for a little bit, so I ran to Ft. Smith.  I met Sherry and we went to Ulta, Target, & Sams.  Then we made a stop at the sno-cone shack, just because we could!  When I got home,  Travis and the boys had cleaned the house, done all the laundry, mowed the yard, and had steaks marinating for dinner.  They know my love language!!  I would way rather have that than any gift they could give me!
 Beau is still definitely in recover mode.  During the day, he isn't really hurting much.  Still not eating a ton, but not really complaining of pain.  We got out an ran a few errands in Greenwood yesterday.
 Today he was even better.  We decided to stay home from school one more day.  But, we did get out and run to Sonic and take the big boys to the dentist.
 I'm hoping we have seen the worst of it!!  Hopefully Beau will go to MDO on Thursday!!

No comments: