Friday, August 22, 2008

First Day(s) of School

How can it be? My baby went to school, and loved it. Blake started 3rd grade Monday at North Main and Evan started kindergarten at Westwood. Blake did great, of course, but it's his 4th first day of school, so what else should I have expected! But Evan, he's just a baby...how could he possibly just walk in to that school and head out to the playground without me?? HIS MOTHER! But, that's exactly what happened...and now he's a real, full time, school going boy. The picture of him walking down the hallway was purely for my benefit. I just wanted to remember the day he walked away from me for the first time. (Now I'm tearing up again, just thinking about it)...

First Day of School!
Blake & Mrs. Yancey

He refused to smile for me!

the hallway.....




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay!! (not about the school thing -I teared up on that one!) but welcome to another addiction....blogging!!! And, it looks fantastic!!

Sharon said...

Great blog...great hallway picture!

Julie said...

Awww, Erin! I wanted to just hug you at school. It has been such a hard adjustment for me. It is so hard to let them grow up.