Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I love a bargain!

I had a little free time this afternoon and went on a coupon shopping spree. Most of you know that there is nothing I love more than a great day at Walgreens. Today was one of those really good days. After 2 Walgreens and 6 separate orders I ended up with everything in the picture below. My total cost was $30.49 - $11.96 (from my Walgreens gift card from last month) = $18.53 spent out of my pocket. I earned 2 $9.00 Register Rewards (total of $18.00) to spend later at Walgreens and I will get $11.98 back on my Walgreens gift card next month. So, after all register rewards and rebates I am actually ahead $11.45. Did I already say "I love Walgreens"! Next I went to Harps for a few things. Harps doubles coupons up to $.60. So, my total before coupons was $31.63, and after my coupons -------$13.05! Pretty good for stuff we really needed.

Last I stopped at Staples to pick up the "to good to pass up" deals for the week. My total at Staples was $.93. Yes, less that $1.00!!!Just a side note, no I really didn't need 4 boxes of Preparation H. But, everytime I bought a box I got an extra $1.00 off my order (Prep H cost $3.99, had $3.00 manufacturer's coupon and $2 Walgreens coupon). So, I actually saved $4.00 extra because I "bought" the Preparation H. So, if you have a need for some Preparation H, you now know who to come to!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great deals! Let me know if you get any takers on the Preparation H!

Katie said...

Erin, I just found your blog!! Love ya girl, I love your savy mind on spending. I love pep H for under eye bags. I totally works!! Cheaper then anything else too!! Also you would be so jealous. If you buy gift cards from Giant Eage a grocery store here you get $3.00 of a gallon of gas. I just found this out so last week I filled up for $12. I'm going to use the gift cards anyway to places like McDonalds etc.. Plus you save .20cents off every gallon of gas when you spend $50. I just found out about the gift cards though. I love the good deals!! It is highly addicting. I still have not totally got into the Walgreens thing, I did for a while. It is hard for me to keep up. Great job!!

Sherry Drennan said...

You are too funny w/ the Prep H...you never know. You are super mom, I'd love to coupon the way you do. Will you teach me someday when my kids are in school? :0) I can't believe you were posting before 6 a.m. this morning. You're amazing...you're probably making homemade bread right now, right? :0)

April, Steve & Lowery said...

What I love even more than the bargain shopping is the display photos you took - everything is neatly laid out and on display! I'm proud of your bargain accomplishments. How do you do all of that?? I need to take some get started lessons from the pro. . .

Anonymous said...

Great finds, Erin!

Unknown said...

you are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Some things never change, girl; they just get better with age! Funny-when I saw the Preparation H, I really wasn't surprised!
I'm glad to see the "master plan" days have paid off for you so well! Love ya!