Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun Lake Day

Today we went to the lake with our friends Ryan and Sharon after church. We had SO much fun. They have a great boat and a tube that Blake and Evan love! As soon as we got out on the lake they were begging to get in the tube. Ryan said that they had been worried that the boys might not want to tube this time because last time they were pretty sore afterwards. HA! They couldn't get in that thing fast enough. Evan kept giving the "thumbs up" sign and yelling "floor it". He has absolutely no fear.They literally would have stayed in the tube the whole afternoon if we had let them.

I forget just how "boyish" my boys are until I am around little girls. Lindsey and Courtney are both so sweet and gentle. They both rode in the tube with Ryan as we slowly cruised around the lake. No standing in the tube or yelling to go faster from them. It's just amazing to see how different they are. I forget to be thankful for the little things that make my boys special and unique. This was one of those days when I am reminded big time!

This was such a fun afternoon and a great way to spend time with good friends before the hot days of summer are gone!

Of course, Evan won't smile!



Evan STANDING in the tube

Travis & Evan


Travis & Blake

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great pictures! We had fun too! It is funny you say that about boys...I thought the same thing! Ryan loved having those boys there to throw around on the tube since all his girls want to do is "cruise" around!

By the way, I think you are an offical blogger...since you took pictures and blogged about them in the same day! Way to go!! :)

Sherry Drennan said...

Cute pics! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Julie said...

Looks like you had a great time!!