Saturday, December 6, 2008

5K Yule Run ~ They Did It!!

Well, today was the big RACE and all my boys did it! I'm a very proud mama/wife today. They didn't decide until last night that were all for sure going to run. But, by the time I got home from Bunco they were all set to go. Here they are ready to go at the starting line. (Notice Evan is in shorts ~ it was absolutely freezing, but he assured me he WASN'T cold).

Evan started out super fast and was a good distance ahead of Blake and Travis for the first mile or so.
Here are Travis and Blake keeping the pace. I was SO proud of Blake. He never stopped moving!

Here they all come sprinting for the finish line...Evan sprinted just a little faster than Blake and managed to come in ahead of him!
Here they are having a little snack after the race! (Hey Abby ~ in the background!)
And, there was a bonus. Santa was in his house on the square. So, we got to see Santa also!
Evan came in 3rd place in the 10 and under category. Here he is with Collin Curry, who came in 2nd! Way to go Collin!!! Blake came in 4th in the category, but didn't get a medal :(
I'm so proud of all 3 of them. I really wanted to do it with them, but my knee just isn't cooperating at all! But, we've got big plans to attempt the 4th of the July run this summer!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Good job guys! Sounds like mom wimped out...just kidding!

Julie said...

woohoo! They did great. I hope your knee is feeling better, girl!

Katie said...

WOW, Evan wow. What a little runner you have. I was a runner in high school. I have run a lot of mile in my day and for a 6yr old to run a 5K that is unreal. You should be proud.