Well, it's been SO long since I blogged I don't even know where to start. So, I guess I'll start right here, right now. As I sit, listening to the sound of my boys playing with new Christmas presents I feel content. We are in Springdale celebrating Christmas with Travis's mom and dad and Trisha, Jody and Malory. We have had such a fun weekend. We started out Friday night with our annual tradition of eating at Monte Ne chicken. If you've never been there, boy have you missed out! It's "family style" fried chicken, potatoes, green beans, corn, cole slaw, and homemade bread. SO good.
Yesterday Trisha, Becky, and I went shopping. Lots of fun finding those last minute things. The shopping is just so much beter in NWA. Even Wal-Mart is just better. Then we got the kids and went to the mall for our annual cousin visit with Santa. I have some pics, but am using a borrowed computer and don't know how to put them on. (Maybe later!). We came home and had dinner together and Travis and Jody went to the Razorback basketball game.
Then Becky, Trisha, me, Blake, Evan, and Malory loaded up to head to the Fayetteville square to see the lights. Becky had told Evan that there were camels that you could ride, so he was all fired up about riding a camel :). Sadly, the camels weren't there, but we did get to see a reindeer, Santa, all the beautiful lights and got some good hot chocolate. Malory started running fever earlier, so she had to stay in the car and look at the lights :(, but we did bring her some hot chocolate!!
Then this morning we all had breakfast together and opened presents. My children just have NO IDEA how blessed they are. They got tons of stuff and have been trying everything out. Well, not everything. Blake got the Rock Band drum set for the Wii and we have to wait until we got home to try that one out. (Pray I don't lose my mind!). I got a new camera, and I am totally excited. This probably sounds crazy, but I just wanted a small, not expensive camera that I can throw in my purse. The camera we have is great, but it's just too bulky to carry around. I want to be able to whip it out and take pictures while I'm shopping at Wal-Mart if I want!!
So, now I am sitting here in a quiet house, while the boys have gone to ride go-carts with NaNa. I want to appreciate all these moments. Store them up somewhere so that when my children are grown I can look back and remember all the fun times we had when they were young. I want them to want to repeat our traditions because they loved them. I'm thankful for my healthy family. I'm thankful that no one is seriously ill and that our family has never had to experience a divorce. I'm thankful for Jesus and that we have the blessing of celebrating his birth at Christmas.
Wow, can I get sappy. But, I just needed to focus my thoughts for a moment. I don't want to get carried away with all the wordly Christmas stuff and forget the reason we even celebrate Christmas in the first place.
We have a busy week ahead of us. Lots more celebrating to do!! I can't wait! Hope you are all having a very Merry Christmas!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Merry Christmas, Erin!
We are all so blessed to have the gift of Jesus! :) It makes me weepy just thinking about it.
Post a Comment