Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gingerbread House Project

I have been reading about other family's Christmas traditions, and even blogged about some of ours in a previous post. This is one that my boys look forward to every year without exception. The annual making of the gingerbread houses with Nonnie. In the past they have always needed lots of "hands on" help, but this year mom just set everything out and set back and watched. The results are very impressive!!!
Blake, the artist, making sure every detail is right!

Evan, impressing us all with his "hands on" skills!

Gingerbread house making is a pretty messy project...

Here is Nonnie, just watching...very brave!

And, Ta Da, the finished project!!!!!

This is a picture of the gingerbread house project 2007. Always a little variation on a fun theme! I almost couldn't tell which year was which from the pictures. Evan is the only one who looks smaller!

Fun times that I am grateful for all year long...

2 comments:

Philip said...

Impressive jobs with those houses. Now, just buy a little land and see how much money you can make with those puppies.

Cynthia said...

Oh I remember those days with my boys. Now they would just prefer to get a sugar high from all the frosting and candy. Oh wait that part never changed.
Enjoy these times and remember to add new ones as they age. You know like silly string wars on Christmas morning.
Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Cynthia