Well, so I said I needed to be inspired. I was really hoping for some uplifting inspiration. Not so much. Today Blake came home with his very first detention slip. Yep, third grade and he's already been in detention. Not only that, but he's also the very first kid in his class to have to go to detention.
Gues what for? Sword fighting with another boy in GT class. Boy is he ever gifted and talented. He can sword fight with a pencil during the lesson AND draw blood on the other kid. Pretty impresive, huh? I bet my kid could beat your kid at pencil sword fighting...
So, we spent yet another afternoon talking about the value of respect and how important it is to obey at all times, not conforming to peer pressure...and on and on 'til I'm blue in the face. Seriously, how long can one kid be grounded. And you know, when he's grounded, I'm grounded. I'm so sick of grounded kids!!
Let's hope for some better days ahead. I just can't take any more bad ones...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry you've had a bad week. Ah! You know, when it rains it pours, but then the sun comes out and sometimes there is a great big rainbow. :)
Growing pains. Not fun!
Okay, I'm sorry but.....I did giggle a little~only because I have 4 boys! This,too, shall pass! I hope that other boy's dad isn't bigger than Trav!
Hey, I can relate...I think I am gifted and talented. And look how I turned out! Lol!
Post a Comment