Monday, February 16, 2009

Got tickets??

Sunday afternoon Blake and Evan were still grounded, and so they were supposed to spend the afternoon quietly playing in their rooms. I snuck off for a nap and when I woke up this is what I found.

Blake and Evan met me at my door and told me to go look on the bar for a ticket....Here's the ticket: (you should really click on it to see the bigger picture for the full effect!)

Blake was sitting outside his bedroom door with a hat on that said "door man".

This is where I was told to put my ticket!

And this is the magnificent display that was waiting for my viewing pleasure!!
He drew the background on a packing box and arranged the Legos "just so".

Not to be outdone, Evan was also waiting outside his door with a "door man" hat on!

These were the various signs on Evan's door (Blake had obviously helped a little).

And here is Evan's Lego creation! He also drew his own background. But first, he wrapped 3 boxes of coversation hearts in white paper and taped them to a book to make the background! Pretty cute and creative!!

So, that's what you get at my house when two brothers decide to actually play together and get along for an afternoon. I love it! It thrills me to see them playing together and helping each other and actually enjoying each other's company. After Evan's comment earlier in the week that he just didn't think he and Blake were meant to be brothers, an afternoon like this is good for a momma's heart!

4 comments:

Mischelle Coston said...

Sounds like they should be grounded more often! :o) What a treat!

Philip said...

Sounds like they can use their imaginations.

Beaubecky said...

That is so creative!

Julie said...

So sweet and so creative!