Wow, are we having fun! I've been so busy being a beach bum I haven't taken the time to blog about it. Until now. Here is one random pic from our tour of the USS Alabama. We spent Friday morning walking around the ship and surrounding area. It was really awesome, but REALLY hot!! There are a lot of very narrow, very steep ladders to climb all over that ship. I started feeling a little light-headed and decided I needed to take a break. So, I spent part of the morning in a little air conditioned area watching a "movie" about the ship while Travis and the boys tromped all over the actual ship. Here they are standing on the deck...
We got to check into our condo about 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. It's absolutely beautiful. Here is the living room with a view that looks straight out to the beach from the 9th floor!!
Here is the view back towards the door. The boys bedroom is on this floor and the other 2 bedrooms are upstairs. It's an awesome layout for us!
Here are the boys playing on the beach. It is SO nice that they love to "play" at the beach. We stayed down there for about 3 hours straight today before I heard them say anything about going to the pool.
But, the pool is awesome too! It is the perfect temperature to just walk in to. We have spent plenty of time at the pool also. One big accomplishment...Blake has learned to DIVE. We have been trying to teach him for years. He's just been very timid. But, this was his year!! It's far from perfect, but his hands usually go in first and his feet usually go in last :)
Here is a pic of my mom and I waiting for a table at "Bubbas". We always HAVE to eat here at least once. It was crab legs for me!! YUM YUM!!
Here is a pic of our "camp" at the beach. We started bringing a canopy a few years ago. It is so nice to just set it up the first day and know that our "area" is staked out for the week. We just take the cover off every afternoon and leave all the chairs and everything on the beach. We've only had a couple of chairs stolen one time. Totally worth it not to have to haul all that gear back and forth every day. If you look closely, you will see that Travis is reading, yes I said READING a book. In all the time I've know Travis, I think I've only seen him read one, maybe two books. But, he has heard a lot of about "The Shack" and mentioned that he might want to read it. I made sure it was here for him and he is actually enjoying reading. I SO hope it sticks!!
Here is a pic of the family on the balcony before we left for dinner last night!

My sweet little beach bums!!

They have spent LOTS of time digging holes and skimming for shells with their nets!

Me and my boys in the pool!! The only way you will see me in a swimsuit is covered in water :)
This afternoon Evan and Nonnie spent some time together in the pool. Evan drug mom all over the pool on her floatie, then she returned the favor!
Here we are tonight eating at LuLu's. LuLu is Jimmy Buffet's sister and the whole restaurant is outside. It was a really cool atmosphere and the boys threw french fries to the sea gulls from the table through the whole meal.
Our favorite souvenir store - Souvenir City. We always take a picture in the shark's mouth.
We are having a blast. I think tomorrow may be shopping day. There is an awesome outlet mall just a few miles down the road. Mom and I will shop and the guys will probably go to a movie. Lots more fun to be had!!
2 comments:
Love the pictures! So glad ya'll are having a blast! Can't wait for ya to get home!
I am reading "The Shack" too...such a great book!
Post a Comment