Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beach Bound!!!

We headed out for our annual week at the beach on Friday August 5 bright and early!!!  This was our 12th annual beach trip.  We started going the year Blake was born, and have been every year since!  This year our family of 5 went, plus Nonnie, Poppy, Kyle, Amy, and Georgia.  We divided up for the trip down and mom rode with us.

We decided to make a stop at Graceland in Memphis to break our trip up a little bit!  Travis was the only one of us that had every been, and he was just a kid, so we decided to go for it. 

Here is my crew, headed out of Greenwood!
We got to Graceland around 11:00 and it was POURING rain!!  We hadn't seen rain in weeks, but boy did we see it this day!!  I didn't do a good job of taking pictures, at all.

Here are the boys posing when we got there.

 This was Elvis's "media" room.  Ha!!  Times have certainly changed!  We couldn't take Beau's stroller in the mansion, so we had to carry him.  So, no real pics at all!
 This was the pool area.  Pretty cool!
 This is Elvis and several family member's gravesite.  It was quite a spectacle if you ask me.  The eternal flame kinda cracked me up!
 A side view of the front of Graceland.  It was pouring rain, so I took it from a shelter we were waiting in for the bus!
 His car museum was pretty cool.  This was one of my favorites.
 The planes were my favorite part!  Here are my boys posed in front of the Lisa Marie.
 After we got our fill of Graceland, we loaded back up to head to Hattiesburg.  Beau0 really enjoyed some snack (I can't even remember what it was now).
 We got there and I realized that I hadn't packed any PJ's for Beau.  So, we went to Wal-Mart and had to buy what they had.  He always wears zip-up 1 piece PJ's (for lots of practical reasons:), so I thought he looked SO grown up in these. 

This was by far, our best night in a hotel with Beau at this pointe in his little life.  Mom and the big boys stayed in 1 room, and Travis, Beau, and I stayed in another.  I decided not to even attempt the pack & play.  He just slept in the bed with me, for the first time in his life!  He did really well, except that he was a total bed hog.  Travis slept in the other bed and got a good night's sleep!
We got up early the next morning, and by that point Dad, Kyle, Amy, and Georgia, who had been driving all night, caught up with us.  We all loaded up and headed for the beach!!

No comments: