Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School!!!

Yesterday was the first day of school!  Kinda bittersweet.  It seems like this summer has just flown by!  The big boys have been gone more than they have been home, I think.  But I'm SO thankful for great grandparents who have kept them SO well entertained all summer.

I was really worried that it would be hard to get them out of bed.  They haven't been to bed before 11:00 or up before 9:00 in MANY weeks.  But, the popped up and were ready to go.

Here they are with Travis before he left for work.
 The traditional picture on the front sidewalk!
 They just look SO grown up.  I love them both SO much!
 Evan is starting 3rd grade and Blake is starting 6th grade.  This is Evan's usual picture face.  He's just too tough to smile these days!
 I can't say just how much I LOVE living where we do.  The boys walked to school with their friends, and loved it.  The best part...I didn't have to get dressed, put on makeup, wake up Beau, or fight traffic!!!!

Blake and Dane getting ready to head to "middle school" at East Hills.
 The crew ready to go!
 Deacon, Avery, and Evan ready to walk to East Pointe!
They had a great first day of school!!! 

Beau started Mother's Day Out today!!!  He also did great.  I didn't get a picture because he had totally peed through his clothes by the time we got to school (I have NO idea what happened).  So, after I got him in, changed his diaper and clothes, and got ready to leave he was happy, and I didn't want to risk him crying over a picture.  So, maybe I will try again on Thursday!

He did SO good today.  He actually took a nap on a mat!!!  Seriously, I want to bring his teachers to live with us.  It must have been peer pressure:)  I am SO thankful for Mother's Day Out!!!!

1 comment:

meeksmiles33 said...

Can not believe how grown up they look!!