Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve was a good day!  A blur, but a good day!  We started out over at Granny's house.  We had a big lunch, with lots of yummy finger foods along with our traditional ham, turkey, dressing, and the rest.  It was fun to just hang out with lots of family.  

I left around 1:30 and took Beau home for a nap.  He finally fell asleep around 2:30 and we had to leave for church at 3:30, so it was a short nap.  We had an absolutely amazing candlelight communion service at church.  The first service started at 4:00 which was perfect for us.  Blake read aloud during the service in a "Reader's Theater" part and did a great job!  He read with his best friend Mason, Mason's sister Savannah, and another girl named Abbie.  I was SO proud!  Travis and dad helped serve the Lord's supper.  I was very nervous about how Beau would do.  To my HUGE surprise, he was WONDERFUL!!  He sat in my lap so quiet and sweet for the longest time.  Then he moved to NaNa's lap, and then moved down to Nonnie for a while.  He was never loud and loved all the "mukik".  I was SO thankful that I was able to just relax and enjoy the service.  I needed to get my heart settled a little bit, and this service did the trick!

After the service we went over to mom and dad's for Christmas Eve dinner.  It was SO SO good!!  Mom fixed prime rib, I made a potato dish, and we had asparagus, salad, and croissants.  Did I mention that it was SO good!!  We had our family, Kyle, Amy, and Georgia, Amy's mom Judy, and GaGa there.  It was very good and very fun!  
These two little cuties are going to be buddies one day soon!!
Cute Christmas cousins!


 The tables all set and ready!  So pretty!
 Georgia Leigh in her jammies!  All ready for Santa!
 I absolutely adore this picture.  GaGa with Georgia and Beau Beau!
 I was so glad we attempted this picture.  It turned it really good considering how late it was and how long a day it had already been!
 My babies before bed!
 Nonnie and Poppy and the boys!
After we brought all our presents in at Nonnie and Poppy's we headed home to go to bed.  Beau went straight down and the big boys sat on the couch with Travis and I and read the Christmas story from the Bible.  I love that they always want to do this on Christmas Eve!  They got Santa's snacks and milk ready and they headed to bed.  It was a very good, VERY long day!!

No comments: