Thursday, December 29, 2011

Life Group Christmas Party!


I had my 6th grade girls over one evening for our Life Group Christmas Party.  I just LOVE these girls!!  They are so sweet and I am enjoying watching them grow and mature right before my eyes!  Dana and I have taught them for 2 years, so I feel like I have really gotten to know them.  A side perk is that they are also Blake's age, so I feel like they help me "keep up" with what is going on with him and his age group in general:)
We had pizza and all the girls brought their favorite Christmas treat to share.  We had some really good food!!  They wanted to wear pajamas and I was all for that also!
We had a little entertainment courtesy of Lucy and Sarah Beth:)
 I loved seeing these girls piled all over my living room.  This was definitely the most females I have ever had in my house at one time:)
 We made a fun ornament while we watched some Veggie Tales:)  It has become the "running joke" in our class to refer to Veggie Tales during most all of our "Bible story" lessons.  We spent a lot of time in Daniel this past semester, so we watched "Rack, Shack, and Benny" while they crafted;)
 Some girls were more crafty than others...
 They were ALL more crafty than Mrs. Dana:)  HaHa!  Love you Dana!!
 We also played Dirty Santa.  They really got into it this year.  I thought at one point it might come to blows:)  I just love these girls!
From left to right: Dana, Alex, Sarah Beth, Lucy, Paige, Azure, Nyck, Kaitlyn, Abbie, Holley, Bailey, Lauren, and Carrie.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to teach these girls.  I know that so much of the time, I think I learn more from them, than they learn from me!

No comments: