Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas (so far) Recap...

We have been SO busy doing so many fun things this Christmas season.  I just love all things Christmas.  I'm trying SO hard not to let myself get crazy stressed out this year.  I have offically finished my Christmas shopping and that is a huge burden lifted.  Now, I think I can just focus on fun family stuff from here on out.

We got our tree up early (before Thanksgiving) this year!  Christmas decorating gives me an ulcer.  For real.  I just don't like doing it.  I LOVE the finished effect, but I'm just not a decorator and it stressed me like crazy!  I just want to copy someone else:)

I did make a new tree topper this year and I think it's pretty cute.  I also added about 6 more strands of white lights to our tree this year.  I'm really enjoying it.  There is nothing decorative or color coordinated about our tree.  It is a hodge-podge of everything and I LOVE it that way.  We have had several ornament casualties thanks to Beau, but I'm just not getting stressed about it.  I didn't put any of my favorite breakable ornaments on this year.  The ones that have broken I just super glued back together and put them back on:)
The weekend before Thanksgiving we went to Silver Dollar City with NaNa and PaPa.  We had a blast!  We stayed in a really great condo and did lots of fun stuff.  We went to dinner at Lamberts, shopped at the landing and the Tanger, and spent the day on Saturday at Silver Dollar City.

Beau was a little difficult as far as sleeping goes.  He figured out how to climb out of the pack and play and so the only way he would really sleep was laying on TOP of me in the bed.  I might have gotten a little cranky and stressed.  Thanks so much to NaNa for helping me out and giving me some time away from Beau.  Sometimes you just need a break:)

Beau was SO good at SDC.  He rode in his stroller for most of the day.  Here he is with Travis on his first "ride".  He LOVED it!!!

Evan and Blake both LOVE Thunderation.  After a while, Blake got tired of it, but I think Ev rode it 10 times.  I rode the last several times with him.  Here he is in line...again.

 Beau Beau got out and walked around a little with his monkey:)  Nana and PaPa helped SO much with Beau so that Travis and I could have some fun with the big boys!  He even took a nap in his stroller while we were there!
Blake was in his first " musical" for East Hills.  He didn't have speaking part, but was in the choir.  He loved it and really got into it!  Here he is in his pirate costume after the performance!
 I started feeling a little crafty and made a wreath that I had seen on Pinterest.  I bought all the balls last year on 75% off clearance, so it was cheap and easy!  I absolutely love it!!  It's so shiny and pretty!
 Beau is LOVING Mother's Day Out.  His "Pat" is so precious and I am SO thankful for her.  He looks forward to going to school and for that I am SO thankful!!!  Here he is ready to head out in his new Christmas shirt.  Thanks Nee Nee!!
 We went to the Greenwood Christmas parade last Monday night.  As usual, it was freezing the night of the parade.  Beau LOVED it!!  There were fire "frucks", police cars, "orsies", "Anta", and candy.  He was in Beau Beau heaven!!
 We ended up watching the parade with the Jones's.  Beau loves Mr. Eddie!!
 Other things we are enjoying...

LIGHTS!!  My kids LOVE to look at Christmas lights.  We have driven all over Greenwood and Bell Park looking at lights.  Multiple times:) 

Cooking!  We have made oreo truffles, peanut butter balls, Reese's cookies, french buttercream cookies, sugared cinnamon nuts, and  more...My boys enjoy cooking and I love that I can just let them go for it in the kitchen.

Movies.  Just can't watch Christmas Vacation too many times!!

I am looking forward to this weekend!  We are celebrating Nonnie's birthday Thursday night and then we are heading to Springdale on Friday to celebrate Christmas with NaNa, PaPa, Trisha, Jody, and Malory.  On the agenda...Monte Ne chicken, Razorback basketball, shopping, and opening presents!! 

Fun times!!!



No comments: