Blake has been in the same twin bed since he was three. He has been really cramped for a while, but he has never complained about it. We decided that it was time for a change! So, he got new mattresses and bedding for Christmas! That meant a room overhaul for Blake.
Here is a pic of his room on Christmas morning. Bless his heart, he still had the baby blue walls that we had painted before we moved in the house when he was two:)
We decided on a khaki/grey color for 3 walls and a dark blue on one wall. Here is a pic of the chaos of painting...
I always get a little overwhelmed at about this point. When everything is everywhere and you can't even step without hitting something. I'm glad Travis takes charge on projects like this! He and Blake painted and I just did Beau crowd control.
We rearranged the furniture to make room for the bigger bed. Here comes the full sized mattresses!!
The bed came from my GaGa and Dessa's house in ElDorado. It has a lot of sentimental value and Blake loves it. It has shelves in the headboard and he loves that he has some "cubbies" to keep stuff in.
Blake also decided he was ready to get his fish tank back up and running. He saved some money to get some new fish and supplies and got everything ready. I am really proud of him for taking on that project and doing it all himself. He did all of the set up himself this time!
The new room. The walls are still naked. We have a plan for a project with some canvases but just haven't had time to finish it yet. There is a whole bedroom suit that matches the bed that we will probably incorporate one piece at a time. Just got to make sure it will fit...
Blake is a collector. He likes to display all of his collections. So, this was a really good opportunity to re-evaluate all of his "displays" and decide what was most important right now. He narrowed it down SO much and now only the most important things to him right now are on his shelves. He did it all himself, and when you are 12, I think that is really important. I am proud of him for choosing some special treasures and displaying them very neatly.
So, now we have an almost teenager room. When I walk in his room it just doesn't seem quite right. It seems like such a big kid room, and I can't believe that my baby fits in there. But, he loves it and is very proud of it and that makes me very happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment