Okay, so I'm going to tell this story at my own expense. Just because, well...it's just so darn funny!!
So, anyway, yesterday after MOPS I was leaving the church to head to the post office. I had turned out of the parking lot to go the back way, and Sharon called and asked if I wanted to meet her at Geno's for lunch. So, I quickly decided to head that direction.
Granted, I have lived in Greenwood for 15 years now, but sometimes I still get a little turned around:) I got a little confused trying to figure out how to get back out to Center street. I thought I was just going to go down one block and then turn back left and be back on my way. Well, I came up to a very short "gravel road" that seemd to lead back onto Denver. I could see the creek rushing by (it was pouring rain yesterday) and thought, yep, this going to take me right out by LaFiesta. So, I drive down the little gravel road and end up on another road.
I immediatly thought, wow, this is a really nice new road. Then I noticed it seemed to be a bit narrow, and I started to get a little nervous. Then I looked out the window and saw a picnic table and trash can, and it dawned on me...I'M DRIVING ON THE WALKING TRAIL!!!!!! OMG!!!
Seriously, I'm driving my big honking Suburban down the WALKING TRAIL!!! So, I decide I've got to turn around immediately. But, the path is really narrow, and the ground is REALLY wet, so wet I'm afraid that if I get off the trail I'm going to sink down in mud and get stuck. (I can imagine that call to 911, "Um, I was driving down the walking trail, and I seem to have gotten stuck"). Serously!!
So, I decide all I can do is just keep driving and come out on the other end (where ever that may be). So, I make it almost all the way to LaFiesta (on the walking trail) and get to the end of the path....and there are these yellow posts blocking the exit!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!
Now I really start to panic. I'm afraid that by now a cop or some other good citizen has seen me on the path and has called me in. I finally decide I've just got to figure out how to turn around. So, after a whole lot of maneuvering (A LOT) I finally got turned around. Then, I take another scenic cruise down the walking path back to where I started.
Can you even believe it??? It's really SO embarressing, but it makes for such a good laugh I decided I've just got to share it. Maybe someday my kids will get a big kick out of their geographically challenged momma!!
Just for fun I drove back over to the fateful spot where I made the mistake about the "gravel road" yesterday. I took a pic to try to make this whole thing more understandable:) LOL!!!
2 comments:
OH.MY.WORD.!!!!!! I just busted out laughing!! seriously, the funniest thing I have read in a whiiiillllleeeee. It's good to know I'm not the only "geographically challenged" person in Greenwood. =)
That's a "laugh til you pee yourself" story! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment