I have been realizing lately just how blessed I am to have such good "early" boys:) I am the absolute opposite of a morning person. I am at my WORST between 6:30-8:00 in the morning. I get a burst of energy every night around 10:30 and just absolutely can't go to sleep before midnight. I get some of my best thinking and planning done and anything else that doesn't make too much noise during that time! But, the mornings are absolutely PAINFUL!!! I literally hurts for me to wake up. So, I don't do it very well.
But, my big boys are amazing! They both set their alarms at night and get up all by themselves. They pick out their clothes, get dressed, come in our bathroom, brush their hair and teeth, and head to the kitchen to fix breakfast and eat. Somewhere around 7:15 I usually finally manage to drag myself out of bed. I walk like a zombie into the kitchen to watch them eat and kiss them as they walk out the door. I know, I'm a lousy morning mom!! And wife for that matter. I've tried to make myself be a morning person. Over and over. It just doesn't work.
So, for now I'm just going to brag on my boys. They take up the slack in the mornings when I totally fail!!! I'm very proud of the young men they are becoming and I am thankful that they are responsible and helpful and love me anyway!! And I'm thankful that Travis doesn't gripe about it too much. I know it makes his blood boil when he is up getting ready and I'm paralyzed in bed while everyone is getting ready around me. All I can say is that I inherited it from my parents:). Can I blame them for my problem???? :)
Oh how I love these boys!!!

1 comment:
I feel your pain! I am such a night owl. Getting this entire family out the door every morning by 7 a.m. is torturous for me. Thus, here I am at 12:30 in the morning reading blogs! :o)
Post a Comment