Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blake's Project

After we got Blake's room painted and rearranged we knew he still needed something on the big blank wall.  I found some artwork in an Etsy shop that I really liked, but it was $179.  I decided I would try to "re-create" it on my budget:)

I bought some canvases at Michael's and with the help of Travis's mad math skills, got my stripes all spaced out and started taping.
Travis is seriously a genius at figuring out the math on how to measure and space things.  It would have taken me 6 hours to try to figure out how to space the stars and then it still would have been wrong:)  Thanks Sherry and Sharon for loaning me the Cricut cartridge and machine to cut the stars:)
 The finished product.  I think it turned out pretty cool!
 Hanging on the wall:)  It matches Blake's bedding perfectly and breaks up the big blue wall.
For about $25 I and a little elbow grease I am pretty happy with the way it turned out!

No comments: