Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Randoms...

 I just finished an amazing book series!!  If you like to read, you must read the Hunger Games!!!  I love it when a book grabs me and I just can't put it down.  I had a few sleepless nights while I read through the three books in the series, but it was SO worth it!!  Blake had already read them, so it was so fun to discuss them with him.  The Hunger Games movie is coming out March 23 and Blake and I can't wait!!
 I got an email about a Young Scientists of American contest where the student has to "invent" something that could help the environment....(not sure I even really understand it all).  I showed it to Blake and he was ALL over it!!  This is a sketch of his first invention.  SO over my head!  But, he had to scrap this one because the wind turbine idea he was using in his invention is copyrighted.  So, he has already come up with another idea!  He has to make a 2 minute video and submit it to be entered.  I'm so proud of him for taking the initiative to do this.  He really loves science and this seems to be a good outlet for a lot of pent up scientific creativity:)


 One morning we made waffles for Saturday breakfast.  I thought these 3 looked so cute lined up at the bar!!
 One afternoon Sharon's house was being shown, but Beau was at MDO so I was running around in Ft. Smith.  So, Sharon and Whit just hung out at my house.  At nap time, Whitney took a nap in Beau's bed.  How sweet is that????
 This is the latest in the "driving on the trail" saga...Travis texted me this picture and told me he got it from the Greenwood Police Dept. and I might be in trouble. He said the police chief wanted to talk to me:).  All I can say is that I think Travis has too much time on his hands at work some days.  He is pretty good with Photoshop though!! 
It's been a heck of a month!!

No comments: