Friday, January 20, 2012

January Update

I'm SO behind!  It's time for a "January update".  It has been a crazy busy few weeks, nothing major has happened, but lots of little things that I don't want to forget!!

We had a Beginnings staff "reunion" and it was SO wonderful!!  I have missed these girls SO much since the birth center closed.  It was like a second home for me and the boys for so many years.
 A group shot of "the girls".   Anita Rissler, Renee Wing, Mary Lynn Holland, me, Anita Deaver, Karen Vearrier, Mamie Jones, and Amanda Dawson.
 I LOVE this woman!!  Anita is one of those people that made an impression on me that I will NEVER forget.  She taught me so much about nursing, the natural birthing process, and how to display grace under fire.  She is an AMAZING woman and I miss her SO much!  We sat down and started talking and it was like I had just seen her yesterday.  Friends like that are few and far between and I am so thankful that I have Anita's friendship!
 One night we decided to "chance it" and try to go out to eat with Beau.  We are starting to try to venture out a little bit with him again:)  This night we went to Chick-fil-A (starting small) and he did GREAT!  So good that we decided to go to Goody's also.  Here are my guys!  I love them so!
 One morning Beau woke up with CRAZY hair!!
 I finished my 2011 blog book!!  I had it printed and am in love!!  It looks so good and I'm so glad to have it in my hands!  It ended up being 349 pages!!  This is the back.
 The front!  Just FYI because several people have asked, it is a hardback, with 349 pages, and it cost $140.  I had it made at blog2print.com.  If anyone decides to order one, please let me refer you!  You can earn credit from their site when you refer friends:)
 Blake and Evan both got their report cards and they both had straight A's!!  I'm SO very proud of both of them!  There was an awards assembly at East Hills and Blake received an award for 2nd place in math on his team.  I'm very proud of Blake for staying competitive in a large group of kids that accel in academics.

Here is Blake getting his award from Mrs. Cumbie.
This past Saturday morning the boys wanted breakfast so I decided to try out a couple of Pinterest recipes I had pinned.  We made cinnamon sugar crescents and homemade donuts.  SO yummy!!
The boys helped with the donuts.  Not particularly good for you, but SO SO good!!
We were running some errands on Saturday afternoon and Blake had given Beau a "gucker" from Yeagers.  Not 2 minutes later I turned around and found him sound to sleep with his sucker still in his mouth:)
Saturday night was the "New Year New You' Cotillion event.  I took Blake and then he took me to dinner afterwards.  I really enjoyed my time with just Blake.  I was very proud of him for asking someone (I won't talk about who in case it would embarress him:)  to dance at Cotillion.  He is getting very brave!  Afterwards I told him he was taking me out.  So, he decided where we were going.  We went to Red Lobster (my favorite).  He was such a gentleman.  He opened doors for me, asked for our table, and even paid the bill.  We had a really nice time!

~Blake and I~

On Monday the boys were out of school, so dad took Blake and Evan to the shooting range.  Blake is going to be on the trap team at school this year, so he is getting some practice in early.  Evan is also loving the chance to shoot!

Mom called and invited Beau and I to go eat lunch and to visit GaGa.  It was a big risk, but we decided to brave Rolando's with Beau.  I am SO happy to say that he was GREAT!!!  He sat in his seat and ate a whole plate of rice.  We were by the window so he could stand by the window and see out.  I truly was amazing and so thrilled with how well it went!!

Evan is playing basketball at the boys and girls club this year.  This is our first year to not play Upward, and so far it has been great!  Evan is on a team with a lot of the boys from his football team and they have become good friends.  He is really enjoying playing competitvely.  He has done great!  The first game he scored 4 out of their 10 points and the second game he scored 6 of out their 12 points.  They lost the first game and won the second.  I don't know much about basketball, but even I can tell that this year he just "gets it".  It's like watching a different kid play and I am loving it!
I need a whole post to even start to describe all the feelings I have in my head about the Scogin's moving, but I can't go there just yet.  So, instead I'll just talk about how cute these 2 are!!  We were headed out of the ROC to go the nursery and Beau reached over and grabbed Whitney's hand.  They held hands all the way to the preschool building.  SO stinkin' cute!!  I don't know what Beau is going to do without his Nee Nee.
I took this before MDO yesterday.  Just a sweet pic of my big boy.  He has moved up to the 2 year old class this semester.  So far, it's going pretty good.  A couple of melt downs and one trip back to see Mrs. Pat for naptime, but otherwise he is adjusting well.  I'm so glad to see Beau growing and changing!!
So, there is our January so far in a nut shell.  My goal is to stay caught up from here on out!!!

2 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Erin! Your boys are all sooooo handsome! and Beau is SUCH a cutie!! I enjoy reading your blog so much!! =)

Amber said...

I love reading your blog! So cute!! Sounds like an exciting and fun month!