Monday, June 17, 2013

Friendly Therapy:)

 I was having a really rough day one day, and told Sharon I was nearing my breaking point.  I even invited her to come join me in the padded room at Vista.  Instead, she invited Beau and I up for a slumber party:)  Evan was at camp, and I called Nana and asked if Blake could spend the night with her, and we made it work!  Ryan was in Tulsa so it was just Sharon and I, her girls, and Beau.  I have missed Sharon SO bad and we needed some face-to-face time!!

As soon as we got there the kids wanted to swim.  It was freezing and their teeth were chattering, but they swam anyway.
 Since Kelli is living with Sharon and Ryan this summer that equals instant babysitter!!!  So, we ordered pizza for the kids and Sharon and I headed out for dinner.  It was SO nice.  We went to Jose's on Dickson Street and sat outside and listened to music and talked and talked and talked.  
 The next morning Lindsey and Courtney went to basketball camp, and we took Beau and Whit to get donuts.  They love each other so much and play so good together!
 It was raining outside, so they needed something to do inside.  We set them up with the iPads and they were so sweet.  Beau wanted to play Whitney's game, so I got it on our iPad and they played together.
 Later we went to pick up the big girls and to eat lunch.
 We went to this new Mexican place down from Sharon's house and I fell in love with the Razorback Enchiladas:).  It was 2 cheese enchiladas topped with steak fajita meat.  SO good!
 After that we went to get yogurt.  Bet you can't guess which one is Beau's???  Boy doesn't eat enough to keep a bird alive....
 It quit raining so we went swimming one more time before we had to head home.  I thought this was cute....Beau all bundled up in the chair.
It was just the "getaway" I needed.  I came back feeling much less frazzled and so happy that I got to play "catch up" with Sharon!!

No comments: