Monday, January 27, 2014

Big Cedar Weekend

 Travis is on the Arkansas AIA board this year as the secretary and convention chair.  He's gonna be BUSY!  But, one of the perks is a planning retreat at Big Cedar.  Of course, I tagged along!  We had a great weekend!  We had an amazing dinner Thursday night.  Friday morning I slept in and then got up and took my time getting ready!!  After Travis's meetings we drove into Branson and did a little shopping.
 We came back that afternoon, took a little nap, and then got ready for the "swearing in" banquet that night.
 LoVe HIM!!!
 Getting sworn in!
 One of the best parts of Big Cedar is all the authentic outdoorsy decor.  There were a LOT of animals in our room.  I made friends with this one;))
 Saturday morning I got up and checked out while Travis was in a meeting.  I found an amazing porch with a rocking chair and a beautiful view and worked on my Bible Study for the week.  "Unglued" by Lysa Terkeurst is one of the best I've ever done.
 On our way out of Branson we stopped and had the "greatest BBQ sandwich ever" at a gas station.  Travis has been telling us about it for years.  He had stopped there with some buddies one time after playing golf.  I finally got to have one and it was pretty tasty!
 Beau stayed with Nana and Papa, so we stopped to pick him up.  Nana convinced us to stay and go to the Razorback basketball game that afternoon!  Beau was excited!
 It was SO fun!  I have been to very few games at Bud Walton since the college days.
 A little blurry, but I sure do love them!!
We had a great weekend!  It is so nice to get away with my sweetie, even if I have to share him with the work world part of the time!

No comments: