Wednesday, October 22, 2014

AIA Convention

 Travis's AIA Convention was the weekend of Oct. 16-19.  Travis was the Convention Chair this year, so he  had A LOT of responsibilities.  He went down Wednesday with Brady and Michael and I came down on Thursday morning.  I was thrilled to get my annual lunch and manicure with Sandi!! I so look forward to getting to catch up once a year in Hot Springs!!
 Since Travis was Convention Chair we had to go to the speakers dinner on Thursday night.  It was at Garvin Gardens.  It was nice and the food was great.  Travis was busy, so I mostly tried to make small talk with strangers:)
 After dinner we took a tour of Garvin Gardens.  It is very beautiful.  This chapel is breathtaking!  Walking through beautiful places with a bunch of architects gives a totally new perspective:)
 Joannie and Katie got to Hot Springs late Thursday night, so we all met Friday morning to have lunch and do some shopping. We walked down to Rolando's downtown in Hot Springs.  The weather was perfect to sit outside and we just sat and talked forever!  After lunch, we walked around downtown and shopped in some fun little shops.
Travis and Joie worked SO hard to pull this convention off! 

That evening we got all dressed up for the Design Awards Banquet.  Travis had a big role to play and he was a little nervous.  He looked so cute in his tux!
 I was SO very proud of him!
 I had a blast with these girls! 
 And while we were at the banquet, Evan was back home watching football with his football team!
 Tad in his kilt sat at our table and we had some good laughs!  He is quite an entertainer:)
 These boys....I LOVE this picture!  They have been such good friends for SO long!! 
 This picture is classic!!

 After it was over, Travis was SO relieved!!  We spent the rest of the evening just hanging and out catching up!
 And while we were in Hot Springs, Beau was with Nana and Papa having a blast!!  Thank goodness for grandparents!!
FUN Weekend!!!

No comments: