Well, as my MANY (as in 2 or 3) blog readers probably remember, we are "training" for the annual Yule Run in December. It is a 5K run that we are all four going to attempt to run as a family. We started an official training calendar last week. We ran for 10 minutes 3 times last week. It is really, really sad...I can't even run for 10 minutes without gasping like a dying animal. I'm sure we are a funny site, Evan and Travis jogging like pros, and Blake and I scraggling about 10 feet behind them with beet red faces, barely able to breathe!
So, tonight the training got tougher. We jumped to jogging for 15 minutes. I was really pretty proud of myself. I managed to actually jog all except for about a minute between minutes 9 and 10. Blake and I stayed together and we both did it! Tonight Evan pooped out and ended up walking back home, so Travis had to hang back with him. (I truly think Evan may be sick, but he's so tough he would never admit it). I can't imagine that I will ever be able to run 5K, but I'm in for the training long haul.
If you are out driving around in Forrest Hills late in the evening, watch out for the band of Bartletts out for our evening "training session"!!! But please have mercy on me, and don't try to talk to me, I have enough trouble breathing as it is!!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You crack me up! We promise not to talk to you!
Way to go! The first 5 workouts are generally the hardest ... you're almost through that!
You can do it!!! Trust me, Erin, If I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it!! I'm so proud of you!
You can do it, doc!
I have faith in you.
You are doing great! I'll cheer you on!
Darin saw the posse a couple of days ago. You go!!!
Post a Comment