Sunday, October 5, 2008

My busy, boring life

I haven't blogged in DAYS, not because I was too busy, I just couldn't think of anything to say! I feel like I've been running around like a crazy person, but I'm not sure what I have to show for it. Between my job(s), the North Main book fair, Travis getting his wisdom teeth removed, and a garage sale this weekend it has been a heck of a week!

Travis, thank goodness, is pretty much completely recovered from his wisdom teeth removal. It was a rough few days, but thanks to his friend, the pain pill, he did pretty well. :) He's back to normal and not feeling any less wise...

I had a garage sale this past Friday and Saturday. I always dread a garage sale, but am always glad I did it when it's over. This time I had a great day on Friday, but woke up to pouring rain on Saturday. It just really stinks to go to all the trouble and then get rained out. I braved it for a few hours and had about 7 or 8 people stop by, and finally gave up. In the end I made around $475, so it was totally worth it, but I know I could have done SO much better if the weather had cooperated. Oh well, there's always next time! On a side note, if you've never been to one of my garage sales, there is always a section that looks very much like Walgreens. This time I had several people say that they look forward to my garage sales to stock up on shampoo, toothpaste...So, I'm forming a reputation:)!

The North Main book fair starts tomorrow! Dottie and I took this over for PTO this year. It's been a challenge because it's our first year at North Main and we just don't know ANYTHING about the school or the way the book fair has been done in the past. We have fumbled through all the planning by asking a million questions and sending a million emails. But, it's all set up and I think it's gonna be great! We are having teacher preview day tomorrow, Literacy night tomorrow night, then the book fair is open for students all week. Then, Fall Festival is Friday night at North Main, Needless to say, I'm gonna be pooped by Friday night.

The real kicker for me is that in the midst of all this, I actually have a real job that I have to show up for at least occasionally! My job at Bost has been such a blessing, because my time is SO flexible. I can really show up anytime during the week between 8 and 5 and be fine. So, I'll try to squeeze a few hours in here and there this week!

Here are a few pictures of the boys on the driveway. The weather has been so awesome, and they have played outside SO much in the last few days. Here is a picture of Evan and Brady on their bikes. They think they are SO cool, Evan so much that he couldn't even look at the camera!
Blake and Evan did a marathon sidewalk chalk drawing one afternoon!


I hope this post didn't end up sounding like I'm complaining, because I'm really NOT. I am so blessed to be able to do all this stuff and I really love volunteering. I've just got to learn to say no every now and then!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

All I have to say is that I think your Walgreens reputation is formed, not beginning to form! :) Ha! Maybe just amongst us...but word is getting out apparently!

Anonymous said...

Let me know the next time you are going to have a sale. I may join you! (Assuming that's okay.)