Okay, so today Evan gets in the car to go to church and we have a really interesting conversation. It went something like this:
E: Mom, did you know Brady has a girlfriend? (Brady is his new found friend at school and our neighbor) He's TOTALLY in love.
Me: Wow, that's pretty cool. What do you think about that?
E: Oh, you mean Anna, well she's not as cute as Brady's girlfriend Haven. I think I'm looking for a new girlfriend that looks like Haven. Brady says Haven is "sexy". What does that mean?
Me: WHAAAAT? (on the inside) Then: That's really not a word that kindergartners use.
E: Why not? I mean Brady says his mom is sexy. So, what does that mean?
Me: (dying inside) Well, it means that someone is very pretty, and flirty and (UH????? what do I say??)
E: Oh okay, well then what does K-I-S-S-I-N-G spell?
Immediately Blake pops into the conversation and says "Kissing"!!!
E: Well, Brady kissed Haven on the playground today! (Seriously???)
Me: Evan, you know that you are NOT ALLOWED to kiss girls AT ALL, right?
E: Yeah, I know (giggle, giggle, giggle) Brady and Haven sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, then more uncontrollable giggles.
Mercy me! Where did my baby go???
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm laughing! So innocent trying to be so big! Where did your baby go??? I guess school...where they learn more than they need to, ON THE PLAYGROUND!!
Hysterical! I remember my first boyfriend in K -- holding hands in music class and during story time. :o) At least he doesn't ride the bus -- there are some real hard-core lessons on there. Good times!
Oh, Erin, it made me giggle out loud. So cute...they do grow up way too fast.
AHHH!!! JB is never going to the playground again! :)
We just had the whole I'm not going to be your friend anymore if you talk to so and so thing. This kid was pressuring Jaden so hard and saying that he would have to pay for it if he was friends with anyone besides him. I could not believe it. Anyway that is cute, but is sure scares me all this talk that we can't be there to monitor. They aren't babies anymore that is for sure ):
Erin- i LOVE your blog. this my first time! I am soo getting a blog. It makes for great place to tell stories and keep up with your kids and others. I don't look forward to sending Kennedy to the wolves but i guess i have no choice. I just hope she doesn't beat up all the boys.
Next time you get questions like that...why not defer to dad? He can handle it right?
Post a Comment