Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moms In Touch

Well, I will preface this by saying that it is indeed going to end up being a commercial for Moms In Touch. But, first I'll say that I had an amazing experience Friday morning. I went to my first Moms In Touch meeting.

I grew up knowing about Moms In Touch because my mom was a faithful Moms In Touch member. She prayed for me every week for as long as I can remember (through college I'm sure). And, I believe without a doubt that it was those prayers that kept me out of trouble (most of the time) and always coming back to God (yes, I occassionally strayed away). So, I KNOW that diligently praying for specific needs for your children works.

So, when Evan started kindergarten I knew that my time had come. I have joined a group that prays for Westwood and North Main. Right now, our group consists of myself, Dottie, and Rae Deal. Our group is starting out small, but when the Bible says "praying in one accord" I don't think it lists a specific number of people required (just more than 1 person praying together). It was a wonderful experience to pray for specific needs for my own children and have 2 other ladies also praying for MY children. There's just something about hearing someone else pray scripture over your child that is amazing.

All that said, now comes the commercial. I want to extend an invitation to all my faithful blog readers (and I know the number is somewhere near 4 or 5 by now), to join us. If you have a child at Westwood, North Main or both you are more than welcome to join us. We are meeting on Friday mornings from 8:30 - 9:30. If you have children at other schools there are other groups in Greenwood praying for every school, including a college and career group.

I blogged earlier this week about how busy my life has become. But, I have decided that saying "no" to this opportunity was not an option for me. If I can give hours of my time for other "worthy causes" every week I can surely dedicate 1 hour a week to pray for my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin. I have been wanting to do this. I spoke with Rae about it on Parent work day at school. Where are the meetings? If you wouldn't mind to email me...thanks.