Thursday, September 11, 2008

Worn Out, but Thankful...

Okay, so this has been a CRAZY week for me. Who would have thought, but after I get my youngest child to kindergarten, life just explodes. I had these visions of sitting on the couch, reading and doing my quiet time, spending hours deep cleaning my house, decorating, and catching up on everything neglected in general. But, it seems that to have time like that, you have to say "no" to volunteering for everything under the sun. (I didn't say NO to anyone it seems!) Seriously, I have not had 1 day with nothing to do since school started!

Tuesday wasn't my best day. After spending the day in Ft. Smith getting my hair done, then looking desperately for something to wear for our family pictures next week (I totally failed at that by the way), I headed back to Greenwood to pick up the kids. After that, we went to the ROC so I could set up all the "stuff" I was in charge of for MOPS the next morning. I got the kids loaded up to leave, and MY CAR WOULD NOT START! Seriously, this was just not a good time!! So, after several phone calls and desperate cries for help, my Dad, bless his dear heart, shows up to help me jump my car. To make a long story short, after 2 more jumps, a trip to the auto parts store, and then leaving my car battery on a charger for a couple of hours, we determine that, hopefully, it's just the battery. So, Travis sets off to get a new battery. Of course, the Greenwood Wal-Mart doesn't have the right one, so he has to go to Ft. Smith. He finally had the new battery installed by about 10:00.

All that to say, I feel extremely thankful and blessed.

Why you ask? I am SO thankful for my parents. My mom and dad came running to my rescue after only a quick phone call. I just stood and watched as my dad jumped my car, and went with me to O'Reilly and did ALL the talking for me. I hate that stuff, and I didn't have to do it.

Then, Travis comes home and takes over from there. He again, does all the stuff I don't know how to do without complaining even once! I truly am blessed!

I have spent a lot of my prayer time in the last few days thanking God for all of my blessings. Sometimes I wonder why I deserve such a good life. I see other people around me struggling and hurting and I wonder why? Why not me? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that I am thankful for all the good things God has given me, and I wanted all of you to know too!!

4 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Oh, I hate days like that, Erin. Thanks for sharing..it encourages the rest of us to find the good and to be thankful!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

I know why you are blessed - it's because you have blessed so many others in your life (God's just returning the favor). You definitely have been one to me, my sis!

On the busy front, I am so with you. This week was crazy and hectic and I only have a 4 year old!! I still haven't figured out the art of saying "yes" to the right things. I need to keep praying I guess and try to understand what God would really have me take care of. Otherwise I think I will fail at everything!

Take heart! We will get through it - let's plan a girls day soon and we'll say "no" to the world. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you have people to count on when you are having one of those days! That is such a blessing. I've felt very busy and overwhelmed since JB started school too...and I was worried that I would be bored!

Katie said...

God Blesses you Erin, because you are faithful. You have always been a giver and you seem to really care for people. Sure bad things happen to all of us but you have your focus right with God and he knows how thankful you are.