I went yesterday for my 32 week ultrasound. Everything was great! Our little stinker absolutely refused to turn his head or move his hand, so we didn't get ANY good pictures. But, we did get to see him moving around alot. The big news of the day is that he is already a whopping 4 pounds and 15 ounces!! That's at least a pound over the average baby at this point. I'm a little overwhelmed...The ultrasound tech kept asking how big my other children were and she assured me that this baby would "win". (Blake was 7-13 and Evan was 8-6). So, I'm getting even a little more nervous about actually birthing this baby.
He is, thankfully, vertex (head down), and his head was very low in my pelvis. So, I'm hoping that there is very little chance for him changing position at this point. All in all, it was a very reassuring ultrasound! We do have a DVD that I haven't even watched yet :)
The closer it gets to time, the more I have been thinking about the actual labor process. It's just been so long since I last gave birth, and I've kinda just not let myself even go there. I had Evan at Beginnings (birth center) and I had SO much support and it went wonderfully! I'm getting nervous about facing a hospital birth this time. I have really strong feelings about natural birth and that is what I totally want. It's just harder to pull it off in the hospital. I've already been talking with my doctor about some of my wishes if my labor happens spontaneously with no problems (i.e. NO IV, no internal monitors, time off the external monitor) and he has been very agreeable. I just have got to get mentally prepared. And I've got to get Travis and my mom prepared also. They were both wonderful last time, but again, it's been 7 years :) That's a lot of time to forget your jobs :)
So, the more I think about this, the more I realize that it's time to face the music. This baby is coming soon whether I am ready or not, so I'd better get myself ready!! If we could only agree on a name!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You will do beautifully! Your mind and body will remember what to do!
I remember telling the nurse to not even think about asking me about any drugs, etc., and to go ahead and bring a diet coke and a labor ball -- I was gonna' need it. :o)
I can't wait to hear about your baby boy's birth story!
I commend you for wanting a natural birth! I had a scheduled c-section with Jack, and there went my perfect natural birthing plan out the window. I'm just scared that next time around, I'll have lost the guts to attempt a natural birth and just go ahead and ask for a scheduled c-section. Of course, I'm also scared that I won't have a choice of a natural birth, and won't ever get to experience that.
Look at me. I'm not even pregnant and I'm sweating my birth choices for next time...
You're right. It's time to get ready. Now what is my job? I think I'm supposed to just stand there and smile. I wish I could help you do the work!
Post a Comment