Monday, September 7, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!

The day finally came!! I've been dreaming about a new washer and dryer since Travis and I got married over 12 years ago. But, we inherited the set below, from Travis's parents when we got married, and they would just never die. I just couldn't justify spending the money on a new set, when the ones we had worked just fine. You've got to check out that dryer! It's vintage, for sure!! Travis remembers going down to the Otasco on Main Street in Greenwood when he was a little kid to buy it with his parents. So, it's been going for a GOOD 25 years. I think we got our money's worth, don't ya think??

Notice the tape holding the door closed...That was the beginning of the end. During one week, the door quit closing and the washer started leaking. We have made several repairs to the dryer over the years, including a new belt and heating element, but we thought this time it just wasn't worth the effort.

So, I started shopping and found a GREAT deal on my new set!!

The vintage set!! Halleluiah!!! Home Depot had FREE delivery and haul away!!
My new beauties!!

I have to say, that laundry the way I knew it is OVER!! I'm absolutely in love and amazed with my new friends. My laundry has never looked and smelled so good in such a short amount of time!! We didn't cave and buy the pedestals, and so far I'm not missing them. I'm thinking I waited long enough for these babies, so I'm not even feeling any guilt for laying down the chunk of money it took to buy them!! Gotta go, if you need me you will find me standing in my laundry room watching my washer and dryer (it's a pretty good show!)...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new toys! I am in the same boat you were in -my washer and dryer came with Bud!! I wish they would die!!!! You need a good set with 4 boys. Lots of muddy clothes;) Pretty soon you will have to change your title to 4 Bartlett Boys and Me! I would love to see you. Hope you are doing well.

April, Steve & Lowery said...

I am SO jealous. I literally did laundry from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm yesterday - and I had just done laundry middle of last week! School uniforms are killing me. Anyway, I am definitely proud of your new investment and they look gorgeous!! Our set is only 8 years old, Lord I hope it doesn't last 25 years!

tracy said...

Ok I have a severe case of laundry envy!!!!!You can just have your dad or travis build a "box" to put them on if they are to low!

Tonia Hobbs said...

Congratulations! They are a little slice of heaven. I love mine too. I do all my laundry in one day. . . I hardly ever do more than 4 loads.

Julie said...

Woohoo for you!!! I'm amazed that the other set lasted that long, girl! :) We still don't have pedestals for ours and I don't miss them...of course, I am very short. haha.

meeksmiles33 said...

They will definitley come in handy with three children! I love mine!!