Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Party of 4...No more!!

So, tonight is the last night we will be a family of four, the last night I will be pregnant.  Wow!  To say the least, I am an absolute emotional wreck!!  As most of you know, I wasn't at all planning to be induced, just wanted to let nature take its course.  I'm due on Thursday, just 2 days away.  On Monday when I went in to see my doctor I found out that he is leaving on Thursday to be out of town for 10 days!!  So, if I wanted to be delivered by him, and I DO, then I had to make the decision to be induced. 

After struggling with the decision for a couple of days, I am finally feeling at peace about it.  Now, I'm just extremely nervous about actually giving birth tomorrow.  So many things are going through my head right now.  I'm actually very sad about knowing I won't be pregnant anymore.  As much as I have been miserable, I'm SO gonna miss feeling him moving around inside my tummy!!  I hope I never forget that feeling...  And, the labor and delivery nurse in me keeps running through all the things that could possibly go wrong.  I know, ridiculous, but it's just part of the nurse in me, I guess.  So, I'm praying for "the peace that passes all understanding" for myself for tomorrow.  If you are reading this before I deliver, please feel free to pray that for me also!!

If you haven't seen me in a while, here is a shot of my HUGE belly from this past Sunday!!


Tonight Travis and I installed the car seat in our car.  Oh my goodness, it just looks SO weird.  We haven't had a car seat in our car in SO long.  And the funny part, the first attempt we installed it BACKWARDS!!!!  Seriously, we are OUT OF PRACTICE!!!  But, thankfully, it is now installed properly and ready to bring Beau home!!

Tonight Evan asked me if he could give his baby brother one of his baby pillows.  I told him, of course, and this is what I found in the baby bed later.  So precious!!  It's his dump truck pillow that he slept on FOREVER!!

Here are a few shots of Beau's room.  I think it turned out pretty cute!!  The canvas over his bed was the last thing I was waiting on.  A friend of Sharon's named Ashley that lives in NWA painted it for me and I absolutely love it!!

A shot of the other side of this room.  I was actually al little crafty:) 

His closet is absolutely packed with "stuff".  He isn't lacking for anything!  And the other "thing" is hanging on the wall as you come into his room.  Since I don't have any pictures of him yet, I decided to just use scrapbook paper for now...

I just can't believe that at this time tomorrow night we will be a family of 5!!  I will have a newborn baby!!  The boys are SO excited.  Tonight when I was tucking the boys in Blake gave me a big hug and told me he knew I would do great tomorrow.  Evan is acting like "Evan".  Showing some signs of jealousy already and talking a lot of baby talk.  But, he has been so excited, I know he will come around.  My sweet husband has been doing a final round of cleaning.  You know, it just isn't right to bring a baby home to a house that hasn't been freshly vacuumed!!

I will update soon with pictures of our new baby Beau!!  Until then, please pray for us!!

7 comments:

Beaubecky said...

You look precious! I know you didn't feel that way but you do! His room is adorable! Praying for you all!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

I love the room, you did a fantastic job - I am so impressed with your craftiness! (You know I can't do that stuff) You're going to be fine. I remember that feeling the night before you're induced, knowing everything is about to change forever. You will be fine, you just take it one step at a time. Remember, God is in control of every detail of this and it's all going the way he designed (which is ironically usually NOT the way we planned!). So have peace and I will look forward to pictures of Beau!!

Katie said...

What a cute room, good job. I am praying for you right now!!

meeksmiles33 said...

I can't wait to meet him! Great room!!!

The Anderson family said...

His room is adorable! I love it! Praying that your labor goes well, can't wait to see pics of the new guy!

SheWolf said...

I was thinking about you the other day when I was running by your house...my thoughts and prayers are with you! You will do awesome! Can't wait to see him!

Tonia Hobbs said...

What a precious room to come home to! By the time I am posting YOU MADE IT. I hear all is well! So happy for you all. Congratulations!

Welcome Home Beau!!