Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Two weeks and Thankful!!!

It's so hard to believe that our little guy is already 2 week old!!  Wow, time is flying for sure.  We have had a busy week, with unfortunately not a whole lot of sleep.  At least, not during the "normal" night time hours :)  But, I'm starting to adjust, I think.  I'm just SO thankful that Travis has been taking Blake and Evan to school in the mornings so I don't have to get up and get out.  Beau seems to sleep the very best from about 6am to 10am.  I've just been sleeping right along with him!!

He had his 2 week check-up last Friday.  A little early, but with the Thanksgiving holiday and a little drama, it just worked out better that way!  Dr. Whitaker said he looked perfect!!  There is just nothing better than knowing your child is healthy!!  I've taken that for granted a lot in the past, but this time around it really means SO much to me!!  He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce, so we are on our way back up.  He'll be a chubby cheeked and thighed little guy before I know it!!

Beau hasn't been out except for pictures and his doctor's appt much at all.  I'm just VERY leary of getting him out in "public" with all the flu germs and stuff going around this time of year.  We have made a few trips to Sonic and he went over and "played" with Whitney for a little while yesterday while I ran to North Main.  Blake had his GT Share Fair yesterday, and I had to go help him get his costume on and get his display board ready.  I was so glad I was able to go!  I'm just so used to being able to do all that kind of stuff, and slowing down isn't easy for me.  I also made it to Evan's Thanksgiving Feast yesterday afternoon.  Thanks to Aunt Amy, who came down and stayed with Beau for me!

Sweet Baby Beau!!

My 3 Sons!!

Evan loving on his brother~

He can be SO sweet sometimes!!  (Other times, not so much, SEE BELOW!)

Travis, Evan, and Beau watching TV!  I have a feeling this will be a very common scene in my future!!

Evan got a little frustrated one afternoon, and left this note on his door...It says "No dogs or baby's or anythings, and I am talking about Beau to".

So, maybe we are having a few issues with adjusting to a new baby :).  But really, Evan and Blake are really adjusting well.  I'm so proud of them for taking all the changes in stride. 

Now I've got to go check on the 2 pecan pies in my oven!!  I can't wait for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  I'm just so thankful for SO much this year.  Especially my family, I just can't imagine my life without them!!

1 comment:

April, Steve & Lowery said...

Hi! I loved the pictures, the one of the boys is absolutely perfect. And you look beautiful in the one of you and him. I am so happy for you all and glad to know you are doing good! I can't wait to see him in person, I hate missing everything.