Wow! I haven't blogged in FOREVER! Not sure why, just haven't had anything "exciting" to talk about I guess. We've been busy transitioning from basketball to baseball and First Tee. The boys both really enjoyed Upward this year. I'm so glad we did it, but I'm also ready for a change of pace (and to have my Saturdays back!!). Here are my big boys ready for the Upward Awards Celebration.
Evan is well into baseball already. His team is practicing 2 nights a week. He loves it so much, but he has got A LOT of practicing to do. Evan has been so into basketball that he hadn't really touched a baseball in several months, and boy it that obvious now! He's spending a lot of time in the front yard with Travis getting his "throw" back. (Travis got on to me because I was calling it a "pitch". I don't even pretend to know anything about sports. I can't even play catch with Evan. For 2 reasons, #1 is I'm left handed and don't even have a glove, #2 is I couldn't "throw" it to him if I tried.) I certainly can't give him any pointers, since I don't know what is right or wrong. Kinda frustrating, so I just have to wait on Travis for this one!!
Blake decided not to play baseball this year. It was a bittersweet decision, but he is going full force into golf at First Tee. I think we may have finally found Blake's "thing". He LOVES it!!! I'm happy because I feel like golf is something that he will be able to do for pleasure for the rest of his life. I can see Blake and Travis playing a lot of golf together throughout the years. Evan is interested also, but Travis is a little worried that if he starts swinging a glof club right now, it's gonna hurt is already fragile baseball swing:)
Here is a pic of my little cutie! He absolutely LOVES to be naked. Diaper changing time is his favorite time of the day!!
Totally changing the subject, Evan's class at school is raising money for, and I quote..."for the scientists to find a cure for cancer". It is called quarters for the cure and it is a contest at Westwood. Evan has really taken it to heart and is going all out. He collected every quarter he could find in our house. Then, he put this sign on a bank he had in his room. He called Nonnie and Poppy and told them that he had decided that when we go out to eat, he was going to take the quarter they give him for a gumball and instead give it to "Quarters for a Cure" because it was way more important to find a cure for cancer that to get a gumball. Sometimes Evan amazes me with his sensitivity. He really has such a sweet heart. So, when Nonnie and Poppy came over this week for dinner they brought him a sack full of quarters. Happy Boy!!
Now that Beau can roll over, it is getting much harder to keep him happy. He gets on his stomach and can't get back over and starts SCREAMING!! This morning he was actually happy on his back and stayed that way for a while.
I love how "laid back" he looks.
I'm trying to convince him to love the Bumbo. He will stay for about 5 minutes and then starts screaming because he has dropped everything and he can't reach anything.
The funniest part about this whole day is that Whitney came over to play and it is the first time I have been able to walk away from Beau. I took this picture before I moved them around. Now they are facing each other and they can both see the "fish" on the bouncy seat. They are laughing and cooing and are SO happy. Apparently Beau was just really bored with me! Whitney comes over and he is a totally different kid! I'm afraid I may have a Mr. Social on my hands!!
1 comment:
Hey girl! I am left-handed too! I didn't know that about you! I can't believe how much Beau has grown! I really need to get Landen down there for a visit...
Post a Comment