Thursday, March 4, 2010

First Cinnamon Roll Update!!


Well, the process has been started.  But, I'm afraid I may have already blown it.  The recipe says to mix the milk, oil, and sugar together and heat to the "scalding" point.  The recipe goes on to say that the "scalding" point is just before the "boiling" point.  My question:  How the heck do you know that you are just before the boiling point, until it boils?????  For goodness sake!  So anyway, I brought the mixture to just the beginning of a boil...Probably should abandon ship right now, but I'm feeling risky today.  I'm gonna proceed as planned.

While I'm waiting for the above mixture to get "luke warm" I went ahead and measured out the flour.  I have NEVER, EVER used this much flour in a recipe before.  I don't think I've ever used this much flour in a month before.  This is SO uncharted territory for me!  If I pull this off I will be expecting an award.
I'll update again later!!!

Oh, and by the way, did you see that towel laying over a pan on the back of my stove.  That would be rolls RISING!!!!!  Yep, I'm making the Rosemary Rolls tonight for dinner.  Just call me REE!!!!

2 comments:

SheWolf said...

Wow! You go girl! I am heading down the hill now to sample!! :)

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I would really like to try these but I'm not sure I want to go to all the trouble to make them. Right now I think I'm ok with the Pillsbury ones I buy at Walmart! :) But you'll have to let us know if they are worth it!