We have had such a fun 4th of July weekend. We celebrated all day yesterday.
My sweet little guy ready to swim in his patriotic wear!!
Little Swimmer...
Travis's family and Amy all came over to spend the day yesterday. We had SO much to eat!! PaPa brought fresh tomatos, cucumbers, potatoes, onions, corn on the cob, and squash from his garden.
Travis got to break in the new grill.
Evan was fascinated with the whole grilling process. We had to have a long talk about never touching it when a grown-up wasn't around :)
The grilled squash was AWESOME!!!
Evan and PaPa supervising the grilling.
We had a HUGE spread.
The baked beans and potatos were both yummy-yum!!
Blake could eat his weight in corn on the cob!!
The kiddos at the "kid" table!
The whole thing was kinda last minute, so I wasn't really prepared. The only table cloth I had handy was my red Christmas cloth. (I thought it was kinda patriotic). But, the funniest part was the only paper plates I had were also Christmas!! So, we ate off of "Merry Christmas" plates :)
After lunch we ate homemade ice cream. It was SO good!! It was a new "egg-less" recipe that I had found and it is definitely a keeper!!
After that we headed down to the square to hear 10 Spur perform. Our own Sean Holland was awesome, as usual!!! It was pretty hot and humid, but the big kids didn't seem to mind at all.
I just had to take a picture of this guy's shirt. Totally classy. I'm hoping to find one for Travis to wear on our next date soon!
Malory being silly, sitting in Beau's stroller :)
Somehow, Amy and I got the great joy of watching the fireworks with all the kids. The other adults managed to stay at the square. So, fireworks watching was a little stressful. But, Beau actually did pretty good once they started. I was nervous about it being loud and tried to keep my hands over his ears.
When we got home the kids poured all their fireworks out and started "sorting" them. It was so cute. They had them all lined up in the order they wanted to shoot them.
When the rest of the grown-ups got back the kids went out and shot their fireworks. Poor Snowy, totally FREAKED!!! She was shaking and panting and running around in circles. We would let her out in the front yard and she would run around the neighbors house back to the backyard and would be scratching on the back door. I would let her in and she would do they same thing again. She managed to scratch/chew the weather stripping off both of our doors before the fireworks were over. Anyone looking for a new dog??? She's great except during storms and fireworks :)We had SUCH a fun day. Totally exhausting but SO FUN!! It is so nice to have family that we love to hang out with. The nice thing about celebrating on the 3rd ~ you get to recover on the 4th!! We went to the 9:15 service this morning. It was SO awesome. The music and message were very inspiring. We were home by 10:45 and then vegged out all afternoon. Then we topped it off by having Chinese for supper. Great lazy day today!!
1 comment:
I want your "eggless" homemade ice cream recipe! :) Sounds awesome!
Post a Comment