Friday, March 2, 2012

The best of Beau...

Beau is something else.  Boy through and through, tough, and determined to be just like his big brothers.  He is also VERY curious and LOVES to get into anything and everything.  For real.

A couple of weeks ago he begged to go out and jump on the trampoline with Blake and Evan.  They wanted to take him, so I let them take him out.  In their defense, they were being very careful, but  Beau was being CRAZY!  He somehow managed to jump and bounce into Evan's knee.  The next thing I new Evan was screaming and carrying him through the house like a baby.  

I grabbed him and set him on the counter and this is what I saw.  It looked pretty bloody and bad, but after I got all the blood cleaned up it was really just a bad busted lip.  We put ice on it and he was okay.   But, he did talk about his boo-boo for the next week and begged for "cold Thomas" (our ice pack that looks like Thomas) every night as he went to bed:)
Another day he was playing in his room and came running out and he looked like he had just walked in from a snow storm.  He had gotten the BIG bottle of baby powder out of his drawer (see the drawer opened) and proceeded to sprinkle it all over every single surface of himself and his room.  There was powder everywhere!!!  I put the attachment on the vacuum and vacuumed for a really long time!
 He put a lot of power on his rocker, and also on all of his books, his bed, his closet, his shoes, his toys, his bookshelves, and basically anywhere else that he could "squirt" powder.  I just kept telling myself "at least it's not lotion"...
 Here he is SO proud on his powder covered horse.  Notice the piles of powder on his bookshelves and on all the books in the floor!
 Another day I was getting ready in my bathroom while he was watching Dora.  I realized after about 5 minutes of him not running in to see me that something was up.  He had pulled a chair over and climbed on the cabinet, put the plug in the sink, and filled it with water and dish soap.  He was having SO much fun playing in the "bubbles".  Notice the water pouring off the side of the counter into the floor:)
 Yet another day he decided to "go potty".  Well, he didn't even get his pants down, but notice that the toilet paper roll is EMPTY!!!
 That is because he put the WHOLE ROLL in the toilet.  He was SO proud.  Me, not so much.
 Around the same time I walked through the living room and noticed that the coffee table looked like it had crumbs all over it.  I reached down to wipe off the crumbs and they didn't go anywhere.  That's because it wasn't crumbs.  Beau had "distressed" my coffee table.  Nice.  I have NO idea when he did it or what he used.
 Last weekend while we were having the garage sale, I took Beau in to take a nap.  We did our usual reading and rocking and I laid him down.  He always jumps out of bed and stands at the gate and cries for a while, so I just went on back outside.  I came back in about 10 minutes later and it was totally quiet so I knew he was asleep so I went back outside.  A few minutes later Courtney went in to potty.  She came back out and said "Mrs. Erin, Beau has cream on".  I kinda got on to her and said no he is sleeping, you've got to stay away from his room.  She was adamant that he had "cream on".  

I immediately flashed back to the powder and how thankful I had been that it wasn't lotion and went running inside.  This is what I found...
Not lotion or cream...DESITIN!!!!!!  He had it everywhere!  Just like the powder, but obviously so much harder to clean up.  Thankfully it wasn't really on his rocker.  The curtains were covered, and all of his furniture and bedding were all smeared with it.  He had also opened up all 6 packs of wipes in his closet and was attempting to "clean up".  UGH!!!!!! (Notice his socks....he had apparently put some new socks on in the process, also).

So, I put him in the tub and SCRUBBED!!!!  Desitin doesn't come off easily, and especially not out of little boy hair.  I eventually got it all off and put him back down and then he took a great nap!

I write all of this because I just don't want to forget it.  Someday when Beau is struggling with his own child, I want to be able to get this out and show it to him, and remind him that he will get through it, too. 

 Beau Beau, you are one precious, stinker!

2 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Oh my goodness Erin!!! What a little toot!! =) I love how you write about all of this with little smiley faces through out! lol

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, I share your pain!! This is so much like Lauren and she is 4!! She has been doing stuff like this forever. She still does stuff like this once in a while. I should have taken a picture of her room, I need to blog about it because it was so horrible and funny at the same time. I think kids like this are smart. I have found that they have an imagination and they have a strong will that puts up a deadly combo. One day they will do great things and for now their cutness saves them!!