Tuesday, June 5, 2012

End of the School Year!!

Woo Hoo!!  School is OVER!!  We had a great school year, but YEAH for summer!

We had MANY events the last week of school to celebrate the successful year. 

Monday was Field Day at Blake's school and I spent most of the day working in the concession stand there.  It was fun but very busy and I didn't get any pictures.  Wednesday was a marathon day of awards.  I started the day at East Pointe and watched Evan receive several awards.  He got an award for being on the Principal's Roll (all A's all year), a Citizenship award, and he got a medal for having the highest AR points in his class.  Way to go Ev!!!



Ev with his certificates and medal.
 I am SO proud!!
After Evan's assembly, I raced to the PAC for Blake's awards and banner celebration.
Blake got 4 awards.  One for being on the Principals Honor Roll (all A's all year), Citizenship award, Gold Thumbs Up Award (basically not being in trouble or missing any assignments all year!!!), and Runner-Up in Math for the year!!! 




It was a VERY long awards assembly.  Kinda like graduation for 2 classes put together:)  Thankfully I had some good company.  Sherry, Julie, and I all wore our matching sweaters for the occasion.  Ha!!


After the awards, all the classes did their banner dance and chant.  It was so fun to watch.  I'm really looking forward to next year...the 7th grade goes all out!

Here is Blake with his awards.  I was SO proud all day!!!


The next day was Evan's Fun Day at school.  They had water slides and popsicles.  Fun stuff!!
 This was the closest I could get to a picture of Ev and MK together:)


Thursday was also Beau's last day at MDO.  I was VERY sad.  Mrs. Pat has been such a blessing to Beau and I.  He loves her SO much.  She has been his teacher for the last 2 years and she is one amazing lady.  He has taken a nap every single day and that in itself is an AMAZING feat.  She has loved him and taken such good care of him and we were SO sad to say good-bye.

Look at him with her.  He just looks so comfy in her lap.  We love you Mrs. Pat!!!!
Such a busy week, but after it was all over, we headed out the next morning for Branson!!!

No comments: