After months of agonizing over this decision, a couple of weeks ago I finally decided to resign from my job at St. Edwards. I got that job before I graduated from college. It's been a joy and a blessing for so many years, but it finally has gotten to the point that it was WAY more stressful for me and my family and it was worth.
I have only been working 2 shifts/month. Since we switched over to a new computer charting system over a year ago, I just haven't been comfortable. Things change weekly, and I was missing all the updates. Plus, I have been getting pulled to the NICU very consistently. I haven't worked in Labor & Delivery in over 6 months. I'm not trained to be a NICU nurse, and so I was crazy nervous when I was working in there. To top it off, the only shifts I have been able to get were night shifts, and it just got to be more than I could handle.
So, I totally broke down and told Travis all of my concerns and, bless his heart, he totally agreed with me that I should resign. Talk about a HUGE weight lifted. I bawled as I wrote my resignation letter. It was SO bittersweet. But, now that's its done I feel great!
I stopped by to empty out my locker and thought I should take a picture for memory's sake!
I will absolutely keep my license current, and I have no doubt that I will get back to "nursing" again in the future. But for now...I'm very thankful to be able to stay at home and be a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment